What's new

First name Bill, Last name...Wehadababyitsaboy... (1 Viewer)

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
(Thread titles that need explaining must suck! :D Haven't you seen the commercial?)
Born June 11, 2002, 10:25 PM...9 lbs. 13 oz., 22" long. (Induced 9 days early so he wouldn't be an 11 pounder!)
We haven't decided what to name him yet. We've got some names picked out, but nothing that really sticks.
Mom is doing good. It wasn't an easy labor. They started the induction on June 10th at about 7:00 PM. She got very little sleep that night, but had a small nap (drug induced) at about 1:00 pm the 11th (they gave her some stadoll (sp?) that really made her trip :D ). Then around 4:00 PM she was really needing that epidural. The first dose worked for a very short time and wore off. The second dose worked well and she was actually able to go to sleep. During her nap she progressed from 5cm to 10cm and we had to wake her up at 9:20 PM to start pushing. The doctor was great and everything went well. Mom is really tired now and baby is healthy and happy. He's been eating and sleeping well and all his vitals look good.
My oldest son (6 years old soon) really wanted to be there for the delivery, so my mother-in-law brought him in and he got to see the whole thing. He did well during it. He was well prepared, so he seemed to know what to expect. And luckily nothing traumatic happened to freak him out.
Oh yeah...Baby shares his birthday with my dad...who also shares his birthday with his grandmother. Must be a good day!

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Just keep in mind that if you're trying to be original with the baby's name, "Winston IROC Nascar" is already taken, ;)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Have you thought about naming him either John, Paul, or Rick? :)
Congrats on your new family member. I think you should reward yourself a few shiny new DVDs for producing a healthy baby boy. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dean-

Derek S

Stunt Coordinator
congrats,

my wife and i are due Oct 18th and we have a seven year old daughter who also wants to watch, i think it would be great, other people i have talked to said no.

but by the sounds of it, all went well.

later

congrats again....

Derek

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Uh-oh. Sounds like trouble! My wife is due on July 15th with our first! Everything has been going pretty well, except for a little pregnancy induced hypertension.

Oh yeah, congratulations!

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
Congrats all :emoji_thumbsup:. My wife and I are still talking about having kids, probably middle of next year. I'm sure our child's first word will be 'anime' :).
John.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Thanks everybody! I'll pass on the well-wishes to my wife. :D
We still don't have a name picked out. :frowning:
Dean - Actually I was thinking of Felix.... Nah! Too boring. ;) (zing) :D Oh and I went and picked up Harry Potter. But I'm saving it for my other son's birthday in July. (Yeah, yeah...it's for his birthday. ;) )
No...really. The name at the top of my list is Liam. I really like it because 1) it's not common, and 2) it's the Irish form of William...so he'll have my name without using the same name (can get confusing). My wife doesn't like it though because, mainly, everybody does a double-take when we say it to them. You have to almost spell it out for most people to get it. Hasn't anybody heard of Liam Neeson?! :rolleyes:
Anyway, the other names on our list that I like are Adam and Steven (although Christou has me a bit scared ;) ). Scott will definitely be his middle name. It's a family thing. But our other kids have already named him Austin...trouble is I don't like it because I know too many Austins (no offense to any Austins here...it's a good name).
Derek - If you prepare your daughter before hand (not the day before, but weeks before) then she shouldn't have a problem. See if she can stomach watching A Baby Story, Maternity Ward (on TLC), or Labor & Delivery. Those should prepare her for the worst. Also, be sure she learns the proper names for all the body parts. Babies don't grow in the "tummy," they grow in the "uterus" and come out of the "vagina." Don't be afraid to use the right names. Also see if your hospital offers a class for children that teach them about how to hold and care for the baby, how to be a big help to Mom, and what happens when Mom goes to the hospital. There was one boy in our class (about 8 years old) who, after seeing a video of a delivery, asked "Why does the baby have to come out of the privates?" A sure sign Mom (and Dad) had not been teaching him.
Shawn - The hypertension is normal...it will wear off when she's sick of being pregnant. Then you'll hear things like "I can't wait to get this thing out of me!" and "I don't care what you have to do...just get it out!" :D

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
Congrats, Bill. My own son is 3 months old now and he's the greatest thing ever. If you need help with a name, we chose James Harrison Webel. He's named after:
James T. Kirk and
Harrison Ford
No joke.:)
Anyway, make sure you enjoy him.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:Congrats, Bill!
The female body is amazing. You know, they say we're the stronger sex, but they get through having a baby pushed through their insides with some minor pain meds. That never ceases to blow me away.
Best wishes and help to you and family.
my wife and i are due Oct 18th and we have a seven year old daughter who also wants to watch, i think it would be great, other people i have talked to said no.
Derek: Way back when in elementary school, they subjected us to watching a woman with (I believe) cerebral palsy and we all handled it fine. That was when they were still applying to the scare tactic policy. Trust me, your daughter can, more likely than not, handle a normal, (hopefully) problem free pregnancy. As someone else has mentioned, just make sure she knows what to expect.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Congrats, Bill! You have my best wishes for health and every possible success. With you as a Dad, he's gonna turn out great. :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations Bill! Many years of health and happiness to you and yours.
And reading that thread title made me laugh my ass off...that was one of the funniest commercials of that year. :D

KyleS

Screenwriter
Congrats Bill I got to have all those feelings just 6 and a half months ago. Looking back it seems like an eternity to me and your story sounds a lot like my wife and I. Hold your wife and Adam close, never let them out of your heart.

KyleS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks