What's new

First Look: Star Trek The Original Series - The Complete Season One (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
No doubt Dave. Have you seen this particular effort? Technically it is quite well done.

Shannon B

Grip
Thank you for the review Bill. You answered several of my questions, including what stores have the extras that Best Buy has (none). It is indeed to bad that some retailers get this and others can't. I wonder if these can be picked up seperately?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
The best thing I've done, short of going to Best Buy and shelling out the money for the sets, is looking on eBay and checking out the auctions for the bonus discs. I usually head to the DVD section and type in "Star Trek bonus" to look for all the auctions of the bonus discs.

As Scotty might say, "Aye, 'tis a wee shame that the Region 1 sets dinnae have the extra bonus features that the Region 2 sets do on their master sets."

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
New Voyages & Exeter (www.starshipexeter.com) are both excellent in different ways. Both of 'em are a lot of fun to watch.
biggrin.gif

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Thanks to Bill also he verified that the extras (Like on the other sets) do no justify and upgrade from my original sets. Paramount really should give you more and better extra with the MSRP with these sets. If at least 3 episodes had cast commentaries I would've upgraded. THere's so much archival stuff on Trek that there is no excuse

Blu

Screenwriter
Why in the world wouldn't Paramount dip into their archive vaults and put some extras on these sets that probably haven't been seen in 30 years?

For the price they are asking I would think they would make these the be all end all definitive Star Trek releases ever!!!!

quote:New Voyages & Exeter (www.starshipexeter.com) are both excellent in different ways. Both of 'em are a lot of fun to watch.

I am enjoying www.hiddenfrontier.org more than Exeter! Although they are set in different Star Trek timelines, Exeter is a great show but Hidden Frontier is a series with over 20 episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks