What's new

First Look: Alien Anthology Sideshow Collectible (1 Viewer)

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
Originally Posted by Craig S

I ordered the egg on Monday and, as with Brian & Tony, the "comic" coupon code worked. My receipt shows the final price of $134.99. So it looks like they turned it off some time after Monday.

I guess it remains to be seen if they will honor the coupon for those of us who got our orders in early enough.

Well they better. I ordered my egg last saturday and got it for the $135.00 price with the coupon. They pre-authorized this amount 3 times to my checking account and the receipt that they sent via e-mail shows this charge. I am going to call them shortly and get verification.

dlbsyst

Agent
Real Name
Will Brand
I just called Foxconnect to get to the bottom of this. It looks like they will be honoring the $15.00 discount to those who got there order in before they removed the coupon discount.;)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by dlbsyst

I just called Foxconnect to get to the bottom of this. It looks like they will be honoring the $15.00 discount to those who got there order in before they removed the coupon discount.;)

An excellent decision. I didn't order right away to beat the gun. I thought it was an intended discount. I feel like I ordered at that price in good faith.

Real Name
Ivan
Does anyone know where the AA batteries go on the set?? Thanks for posting the pictures. I ordered mine August 1st and it still says "processing". I hope they did not sold out otherwise I'll be crushed. "Alien Legacy" in 1999 made me to transition from VHS to DVD and now "Alien Anthology" will make me transition from DVD to BluRay LOL.

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Does anyone know where the AA batteries go on the set??

On the bottom of the base there is a little door that opens

to insert the batteries.

Real Name
Ivan
Thanks Ronald!

Well I am glad that I will finally have a cool set. I nearly dropped to the floor when I found out when the Quadrilogy got released and Europe and Asia had the 'Alien' head to store their DVDs and we just got a simple box!

Heck maybe I will do a diorama and put my "Aliens" toys around it and make it a BluRay Alien Hive!!! How cool will that be?

Signing off...

...Please wait

End of transmission

Real Name
Ivan
I just had a random thought.. technically the guardian of the egg is THE QUEEN not the Alien drone, so they should had made the egg model with the Queen Alien not the Drone Alien because The Queen is the one that protects the eggs, the Drone only transport it...

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by SpaceJockey

. technically the guardian of the egg is THE QUEEN not the Alien drone
That's picking a nit, and an incorrect nit, IMHO. If you want to draw a comparison with insect colonies, the queen is an egg laying machine and is not capable of defending anything. She is a huge, immobile behemoth and it is the female workers that defend the nest.

Yes, the Alien Queen has proven herself capable of becoming mobile and aggressive. But even in Aliens, her first appearance, we first see her as a large, immobile creature that can't move. She has her workers around her to defend the eggs. I think the use of a non-queen Alien as the guardian is appropriate.

Real Name
Ivan
Good point Johnny, I guess I didnt see it that way. The Queen was in suspended animation and I guess at first glance the drones seem to be protecting her and not the eggs, but I can see your point of you as well. Even though I never liked the cross of Alien and Predator, the Queen in AVP 1 was the baddest I've ever seen and Resurrection the weakest I've ever seen.

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Real Name
Ivan

Here is a concept case design I am thinking about building or buying from somewhere to display my Alien Anthology set.

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Real Name
Ivan
LOL.. that's very funny Johnny!

I would personally would like to make a diorama, like an "alien" nest or something but I will have to jog down some ideas because all of these 'alien' related models and such on ebay or elsewhere online are very pricy!!! I wish I still had my Alien Queen McFarlane but who knows where it is, I purchased it in the 90s, but if I did I would place my Alien warrior toy from Kenner, the Queen from McFarlane in the case with the Egg to make it look like a nest. Yes I am very excited as you can tell, and even more knowing that I can make this egg glow! It would be my nightlight!!!!

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Dean Cooper

Supporting Actor
In the US only....lame. One heart broken Canadian here, a true fan that has gotten the shaft I guess.

Real Name
Ivan
I contacted Fox Connect and they replied and told me they cannot provide me with dimensions information for the Egg set.. oh well :( I wanted to know that so I can begin working on the case. GRRR

Signing off...

...please wait

End of transmission

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by Dean Cooper

In the US only....lame. One heart broken Canadian here, a true fan that has gotten the shaft I guess.

let me check on this...

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Count me as heartbroken too, if this isn't available in Canada. The pride and joy of my DVD collection is my Blade Runner briefcase, and I have yet to find anything in BD that lives up to it.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
okay...i jumped....couldnt get the coupon to work though :-(

This will match well with my Predator and Alien heads.

Gawd...how many times do I have to buy these movies!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks