What's new

first HTPC (1 Viewer)

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
i am planning on probably building an htpc this summer. i am really new at this htpc topic and would like to know what kind of video-out card or similar hardware you htpc buffs recomend.

l8rz, DeepakJr.

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I would disagree....The thread is completely confusing and clouds the issues as needed....
The only things needed are as follows:
1. Objectives of a HTPC
2. Connections necessary
3. Simple hardware checklist
4. Simple hardware recommendations
40 some odd threads are not needed to answer those questions. I started wading though that mess and gave up. There has to be an easier way to answer those relatively simple questions....
Although I will admit - if you have until summer, that FAQ will keep you busy ;)
Dave

Dave_Olds

Stunt Coordinator
I didnt say they werent in there....I just said there is enough there to make it more confusing and throw more at you than needed.....

In a sense, you made the point for me....It was not necessary for independent threads - its that complex an issue - one good post/page could provide a more than adequate FAQ for HTPC....

Although I love the AVSforum with regards to HTPC - I can assure you, I have found more useful info elsewhere...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks