What's new

First HT setup....What do you think (1 Viewer)

Ricky***C

Grip
Greetings:

First post after finding this forum over 2 years ago when I was considering a setup around $2500. Did not pull the trigger due to cost.

Two years later, I am ready to pull but at around 1K (for now). Here is what I am considering:

Denon AVR-1803 (need phono input for 500+ vinyl collection)
Mains: Paradigm mini monitors
Center: Paradigm CC170 or CC370
Rear: My 1986 Polk Reference 10B (still awesome IMHO)

That's it for now. Will add sub and may replace the polks later.

What do you think? Any input or advice would be welcomed. Will the Dennon and Paradigms match up well.

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
Denon and Paradigm is a good match, you will find many members here (including me) that have Denon and Paradigms.

I think that the cc170 is a better match for Atoms. You will want to go with the cc370 center if you are going to have mini monitors for mains. The Polks should work OK as surrounds for HT. If 5 channel music is in your future then you'll want to consider having minis all around.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
[quopte]I think that the cc170 is a better match for Atoms.[/quote]

If you can afford it, go CC370. Chances are you will soon want to upgrade to monitors upfront, in which case you will already have the center. Going with a center from a higher line than your mains can't be that bad a things, despite the mismatch.

--
Holadem

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks