First HT setup....What do you think

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ricky***C, Aug 26, 2002.

1. Ricky***C

Ricky***C Extra

Aug 25, 2002
    First post after finding this forum over 2 years ago when I was considering a setup around $2500. Did not pull the trigger due to cost.

Two years later, I am ready to pull but at around 1K (for now). Here is what I am considering:

Denon AVR-1803 (need phono input for 500+ vinyl collection)
    Mains: Paradigm mini monitors
    Center: Paradigm CC170 or CC370
    Rear: My 1986 Polk Reference 10B (still awesome IMHO)

That's it for now. Will add sub and may replace the polks later.

What do you think? Any input or advice would be welcomed. Will the Dennon and Paradigms match up well.
  2. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Jul 25, 2002
    Welcome to the forum. The Paradigms sound wonderful with Denon. An ideal marriage of warm Denon and slightly bright Paradigm sound. Your setup should sound fabulous. If you can wait for a few months you should be able to find a closeout deal on a new 3802 which is a much better receiver IMO. Plus if you decide to upgrade in the future (which you will, I am sure) you can add outboard amplification and refine the sound even further. Something to think about. In either case you should be happy with the sound of this setup.

Best of luck.
  3. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Oct 27, 1999
    Your putting yourself together an nice little system. One thing I would suggest, is if your are within driving distance Windsor, Ontario make the trip. With the exchange($1US=$1.50CDN) and the price being the same if not better in CDN dollars you may just be able to get that sub. Plus you get your sales tax refunded at the border when you return home(GST, PST has to be mailed in).