What's new

First HT, Need some suggestions... (1 Viewer)

Dan Paulson

Auditioning
Hello,
This is my first home theater, and I am a poor college student, so remember i'm looking for the best deals no money can buy. I have a 27" Wega and I will soon be buying the Onkyo HTS650. I have a two questions, the first being about wires.
I'm looking at either the Monster Cable Home Theater A/V Hookup Kit — 100 or the Monster Cable Premium Home Theater A/V Hookup Kit — 300 . I'm not really sure what the difference is between the two, besides the latter being thx certified. Would I be able to tell the difference between the two?
My other question is about surge suppressors/protectors. I've read some people saying that a basic protector is enough, and others saying I need a good suppressor. I would like something in the 50 dollar range, so and advice on this front would be appreciated.
Thanks for any help.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
12ga Wire
Dayton Cables
Look at what's in the box VS. what you can find here. The box only gives you 10, 10, 6, and 2x 30ft of wire. If you need more you are screwed. The Dayton cables are just as good if not better.
Good Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks