What's new

First HT - Advice on Paradigm Speakers (1 Viewer)

Joe Gretzky

Auditioning
I've got a medium-sized living room and I'm looking to spend around $1500 for home theater (speakers, sub, receiver and dvd player). I've been looking at some Paradigm speakers.
Any thoughts on the Atoms vs Titans? I've heard good things about both. They sound ok. Are there any other speakers that you would recommend in this price range? I was actually thinking about going with the Titans on the front channels and Atoms in the rear.

This is what I checked out:
Atoms - $170 pair
Titans - $214 pair
Center - Paradigm CC170 $180
SUB - Polk 350 10" $350
Integra 5.3 receiver - $550

Are these decent prices? I might look for a different receiver. Any help you can give this music-loving audio-rookie would be appreciated. Thanks.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Welcome :D
4 Titans + CC170 + PDR10 sub. I got my V3 Titans for less than $200, and they are just better overall than Atoms, IMO. I originally had that setup, and swapped the Atoms out for Titans because I prefered the way they sounded. Even when set to small, the added midrange depth is worth it.
FYI: the PSW350 is only $270 on sale at Crutchfield, and for $350, you can actually get the PSW450. These are not great subs though. I'd look for something that goes to at least 25Hz and below. There are a few good subs right around that price range. Do a search in the speaker forum for HSU VTF2 and Adire Rava.
The receiver should be fine.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'll also recommend taking a look at Axiom. Also not too much more expensive than Paradigm's Performance line, and as good or better than the Monitor line.

Joe Gretzky

Auditioning
John,

I'm in Houston. I know of only two Paradigm dealers in the city and one of them doesn't seem to ever answer the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks