What's new

first hdtv, toshiba 42H83 questions (1 Viewer)

ChristopherRO

Auditioning
hi, i had a long thread made but since that was going to be my first post, i put a link to the 42H83 tv i bought, but now im going to type the short version of my thread that dissapeared.

first, when i pay my 480p widescreen xbox games, they look very jaggy, is there anyting i can do to reduce that?

second, i have some of my settings at 40 contrast, 40 brightness, 75 sharpness and color temp at warm, will any of these hurt my tv in the long run?

third, i was seeing a second blue image for a while, but i hit the refocus button and that fixed it, but will this eventually stop?

fourth, when playing panzer dragoon orta, i noticed something that looked like the screen was a little fuzzy and was moving to the left, is this normal?

last, i bought this tv at best buy with the 4 year warrenty at around $1437, but i couldnt afford dvd essentials but is there anyting i can do to improve the picture qualitly? i read somthing about a 9 point convergence, but i have no idea what that is.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Reducing sharpness should help your jaggies on the game a lot.

So you have your xbox hooked up via Component Cables?
Does it have an option for using the component video and 480i? This set seems to have a good Progressive scan of it's own, may be worth a try anyways.

Also ya gotta try some 720p from your xbox, but I suppose most games don't offer it as an option perhaps?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks