What's new

First HD TV on its way, help with burn in and masking please. (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
After 15 years I finally pulled the trigger on a rear projector. I have seen many posts discussing burn in and also about "masking". I'd like to keep the RP from burn in and I would like to know about "masking".

All comments are welcome.

Thanks

Artie

John S

Senior HTF Member
On the masking, just get a fair amount of black fabrick and be creative. Lots of aspect ratio's these days, so a good easy to use masking system, actually takes a lot more work and fore thought than you may think.

I plan to use masking in the future, but somebody I know has been working on it, and always just when he thinks he has it, he comes across a new aspect ratio he has not been confronted with. lol

John S

Senior HTF Member
Masking, is simply making it so nothing but the actual display area can be seen. You have to move your masking per aspect ratio being viewed.

In other words, you no longer see black bars at the side, or the top and bottom, as the masking comes all the way to the actual display area. You no longer see the TV either.

I probably didn't explain it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks