first experience with projector!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Shad R, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Shad R

Shad R Supporting Actor

I finally did it. I bought the Infocus sp5000! Hi-def looks AWESOME on a 100 inch screen from about 10 feet away. Only problem...I have to send it in for repair because there is a horrid red blotch on the left side of the screen. Oh well, if it gets fixed, I'm happy.
    If you have never seen a movie on a 100 inch screen, let me tell you this, it is better than you could possibly imagine! King Kong and Jurassic Park take on a whole new life!

2. Adam Bluhm

Adam Bluhm Supporting Actor

Hopefully I can hijack your thread soon. [​IMG] I should be getting my 4805 in about a week. I realize it's not high def, but it'll be a large step up from my Sony 27" tube tv. [​IMG] I'm getting a 64" da-lite screen with it, which should be just about right for the smallish room.

Can't wait.

3. RickRO

RickRO Stunt Coordinator

Shad any thing from InFocus as to what the red blotch was from? I would guess a bad red LCD panel....if that's the case you should be "on your feet" quickly. Glad to hear your happy.

I know what you mean. I "borrowed" a projector from work for a weekend to see if a projector fit my needs and as they say in the automotive world "there just is no substitute for cubic inches"! I was blown away that weekend by watching my favorite movies on a big screen.

I am in the process of designing and planning my HT (soon to be building I hope) and I can't wait to get a projector up and running to enjoy the big screen.

Have fun and congrats!!

Rick