What's new

First ever basement HT... where to start? (1 Viewer)

Robert Silge

Agent
So my wife and I just bought a house in CT, moving from TX. Thus this is my first experience with basements. The basement is partially finished, and the HT is going to go down there. I am looking for good resources as to where to begin.

The room is very long and fairly skinny (don't have dimensions in front of me). It's already finished, so I don't think we'll be adding a wall to shorten the room, and I may or may not rip the walls apart to run speaker wire through them. I don't really want to build a riser, but am interested in perhaps building a stage. We're pretty sold on a DLP RPTV, somewhere in the 40-50" range, and the room has two very small windows, easily shaded.

In addition to the general "where to begin" issues, I'm wondering what to do with the walls. I think there's some "right" shade of paint to use, but not sure if my wife will be down with an ugly grey or something.

Thanks so much.

Michael Whitney

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to CT. I live up in Northern CT. From what I have seen on here, most would recommend a darker color with a flat texture. This would go for the walls and ceilings as well. Browse the theatre pictures on the main page of this section for more ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks