What's new

First Build Suggestions (1 Viewer)

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Thanks Neal! :D

I changed the processor to a 6320. Now, would that audio cable (wish list) work with my computer hooking up to my TV?

Getting my paycheck today, once I get the money into the bank on Monday I will put in the order. Thanks for reminding me on the processor, I forgot all about the price drop! :D

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Alright, thanks. Now, all that's left, is getting my mom to bring my money to the bank, and order it! :D

Might be a while... She has a long record of not doing things in a timely fashion...

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Yes.

The order is now IN! :D

3 day shipping, so it'll be here Thursday or Friday.

Neal_C

Second Unit

Very nice. They should get it shipped out tomorrow with no problem as long as everything is in stock.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Yep, it looks like it. Anyway to check on my order?

EDIT:
Never mind, it said it shipped 5:30 AM this morning. How long do you think it'll take to get here?
(I'm very, very, anxious!)

Neal_C

Second Unit

Well, if you got 3 day shipping, I would think Friday. If it was actually picked up that early it could arrive sooner. Just check your account on Newegg and click on the tracking number.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Yeah, it says:

Date: 5/1/2007 5:50:52 AM

Method: UPS Ground

And, I'm sure since I'm only a few states away, it may arrive in 2 days. Thursday.

At least I'm hoping so...

Neal_C

Second Unit
Plug your UPS tracking # in at UPS.com and it should give you an estimated arrival date.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Is the tracking number the order number? Because I see nothing else...

Neal_C

Second Unit
No, they aren't the same thing.

They should email you with the tracking number. If they haven't done that yet and you don't see it on your order history page, then they haven't assigned a tracking number yet. You will probably get an email or update tonight showing the tracking number.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
God I hope it comes thursday... I work of Friday, and I wont be able to build it until I get home. My brothers are gona probably go through it and mess with the parts, I hope they don't!!!! :frowning:

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Yep, they send me an E-Mail. It says on UPS.com

"Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 05/03/2007. "

So, hopefully it comes tomorrow! :D I can't wait! :D

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Yep, It's formatting now. I couldn't figure out how to get the IEEE hooked up... I figured out that it didn't support it! :frowning:

Well, I'll tell ya how it runs when it's done setting up windows. And post pictures tomorrow.

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
My god... This thing is FAST!

When I ordered this, I knew that it'd be fast... But this is almost scary! :D

I LOVE it! It's great! The whole front of it, is a vent, GREAT cooling, all I feel out of the back is cool air. My other computer always had warm air coming out of the back, and it has 2 more fans than this.

1 downside, is that I couldn't get that heatsink to go on... It just doesn't fit right! :frowning: The reason I stopped trying, was that I was trying to force it, and heard a cracking sound (thought it was the processor) and gave up on it, and decided that it wasn't worth the extra cooling, if your CPU's broken.

But, even without it, my computer is still fast! :D

So, thanks guys, for all of your help! When I get batteries tomorrow, I will post up pictures of my new computer. And, possibly some benchmarks.

TYSVM!!!!!

Bobby Geiser

Neal_C

Second Unit
So you couldn't get the Zalman to go on? Did you try installing it outside the case? Socket 775 can be a real pain in the ass to install heatsinks on once the mobo is in the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks