What's new

First BUCKAROO BANZAI review (that I know of...)!!!! (1 Viewer)

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Excellent find. It even has a review of Bad Taste.

With the release of this, Big Trouble in Little China, and the Goonies, I think the 80's are getting some excellent treatment. I'm overjoyed, although I do wish this release would have been this year.

BTW, thanks MGM!

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit to being bummed that the Banzai and Mad Max SE DVDs are coming out AFTER Christmas. I know a bunch of people would have been getting these as presents if they'd been released just 2 weeks earlier.

Ed Francisco

Stunt Coordinator
Man o man.... I can't wait to get this one. For $19.99 MSRP, this look to be really sweet. I can finally get rid of my old laserdisc.

Jerry Dreiss

Stunt Coordinator
This is excellent news! I can now retire my LD, which has the second worse sound and transfer of any of my discs. (Blood of Heros being the worse)

Was any one else here ever a "Blue Blaze Irregular"?

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
You should have sold off your laser back when it was first mentioned that a dvd was in the works. I put mine up on ebay in the summer of 2000. Some guy in Indiana bought it for $260. I think I'll take an anamorphic remastered version on dvd anyday.

Joel C

Screenwriter
DVD File has a review up now, too. Looks like they gave it to the wrong guy, but it's an interesting read.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I was a proud Blue Blaze Irregular (and have all of the Fox promo materials to prove it)!

The DVDFile review was one of the most clueless things I've read in some time-- I was particularly vexed that they got the aspect ratio wrong (it's 2.35:1 vs. 1.85:1).

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I am still bothered by how there are a pair of van headlights illuminating the crashed capsule several minutes before John Bigbootay and his crew drive up to "disassemble" it. It's a horrible continuity flub...isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks