What's new

First 2.1 setup (1 Viewer)

Andrew Taylor

Auditioning
As the title states, i am looking into starting to piece together my first 2.1 setup. I have been trying to do research but there are so many opinions. I figured my best option was to post up and get some opinions specific to my situation.

I am looking for a good bang for your buck setup. Starting with 2.1 and eventually evolving to a 5.1 setup.
Below I will list some components I have been looking at along with the budget for that category as i am open to suggestions.

Receivers - would like to stay under 300
I really have no idea which is the better in this price range. It seems most are 80watts RMS at 8ohm. Would be nice to have a bit more power than that. I have the following input devices. Wii U, BlueRay player, Chromcast, Cable Box

Floor Standing Speakers - Under 180 a piece
Bic DV64 - $129 on prime
Bic DV84 - $143 on amazon
Pioneer SP-FS52-LR - 126 on prime
JBL ES80 - 194 on prime.

Subwoofer - 200 or under
Really not sure hear either, I think a 10 or a 12 would be nice, not sure an 8 can provide what i am looking for.

I hope to get some valuable input from the members of this board.
Thanks in advance for the advice.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your speaker choices will rock the house on 20 watts.80 vs 110 watts is inconsequential. As for AVR, anything will run the speakers you've chosen.Features is how you'll choose.Want front HDMI? Want networking (app controls)?Want front USB?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just got the Pioneer floor standing speakers you mentioned you were considering, had them for about three weeks now. So far I'm loving them - they sound great. However, I don't know the other speakers on your list, so I can't say how they compare to the others. I can only say that, in and of themselves, they've been great for me.

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
Here is an example of what I would put together if I were you.

[*]AVR Denon X1000 $279
[*]Speakers Any of those you linked...I like the DV64 only because I'm a sucker for Prime stuff
[*]SUB BIC F12 $185!
[/list]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks