What's new

Firmware v2.0 now available -- adds TrueHD 5.1, fixes 720p output (1 Viewer)

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
I probably should have posted this before, but I got the 2.0 firmware upgrade disc last Thursday (Aug. 31). Upgraded the player with the disc, went without a hitch and now enjoying all the benefits of the upgrade.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I sent my card in on 8/3 and have not heard from Toshiba. I guess the Post Office's last rate increase made them even more efficient at losing or destroying mail. Time to call Toshiba.

Phil Iturralde

Screenwriter
I sent in my card on Aug. 25th, finally received the email this morning ...

"Message from Toshiba Customer Service: Firmware Update for your HD DVD Player" email ... basically telling me ...

Of course, I didn't want to wait and so I downloaded the file @ RapidShare and I updated my HD-A1 = 2.0/1.0A/2.0S :emoji_thumbsup:

Phil

TedD

Supporting Actor
You are just being paranoid. At least several hundred members of that other forum have used this version to update their players, myself included. 1,561 downloads for the file so far. Since the file format of the download is not readable, modifiable, or identifiable from a PC, their is no way someone could modify the instructions. It's true that there is no guarantee that Toshiba didn't make a minor change, but that's rather unlikely given the number of people using it with no issues.

However, if you choose to wait, that's your choice.

Ted

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I had already upgraded firmware via Rapidshare but I wanted to be on the future disc upgrade list so I called Toshiba yesterday to inquire if I was on the firmware upgrade list and I was not. Apparently my card never made it to Toshiba. The CSR was quite nice about it and took all my information and said the discs had just arrived and would be shipping by today so I should have mine in 2-3 weeks.

A bizarre side note: Even though I registered my HD-A1 online the day I bought it, the Toshiba CSR had no record of me or a player matching my SN on file...

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I been waiting and waiting, no disk. Finally called yesterday, it's now in the mail. Seems the guy who set me up last time I called, didn't. Hopefully now I'll automatically get any future firmware updates.

Users who are viewing this thread