What's new

Firmware 2.0 Disc Backordered... Could someone help? (1 Viewer)

suckerforHD

Agent
Real Name
Kent Hall
Spent my money on HT and not a new computer.

Sitting in front of a PC all day at work makes me turned off to have one at home.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Good information, considering there is no such thing as a CD+R.

I am also baffled by the tech-noknowhow with this issue. This is not copyrighted or otherwise intellectually protected thing. It is a firmware update. It is by it's very intent, to be used and distributed. It isn't sold. Why can't, at the least, some of the people who have it make a direct copy for others to use rather than sending discs all over the place. The cost of burning a disc is far less than postage.

Pete_S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Pete Schlotter
I can verify that the firmware update(s) linked in this thread work fine. The file size of the ISO should be 58,420kb. Make sure you burn in Disc-at-Once mode and not Track-at-Once, or the player will get to about the 50% point and spit the disc out and tell you to try downloading the update later.

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
I used the old Xbox wireless bridge and connected to my toshiba, all went well and the 2.0 upgrade successful. OUT

Dennis Heller

Second Unit
I should be receiving my HD-A1 tomorrow, and I was wondering if there's any chance it will be running Version 2.0. Or are no units shipping with that version? Also, what is the process for getting the update from Toshiba, if they're not still backordered - register the unit then call and request, then wait?

BTW, my apartment has wireless internet throughout (not my own connection), so I can't update over the web.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
you will be able to tell if it has update 2.0 by trying to select the Dolby True HD track on one of your movies. If it tells you that its not available then you do not have 2.0 installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks