What's new

Firmware 2.0 Disc Backordered... Could someone help? (1 Viewer)

I got a message from Toshiba in the mail that the firmware v2.0 disc is on backorder. I called their customer service number and the rep said they do not know when more will be available.

Because of this (and because I would need an impossible length of CAT 5 cable to update via the Internet) I was wondering if someone out there could help me out.

If you have the v2.0 Toshiba disc I would ask that you mail it to me (I live in the Dayton, OH area) so that I can update my player (I checked and out-of-the-box it's v1.4) and then I will send it back to you and enclose repayment of the money spent sending it to me. I am desperate to check out Dolby TrueHD 5.1 discs and I simply cannot now.

If you're willing to do this, please respond to this thread and we'll coordinate details.

Thanks

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Same request, since I asked after Greg :)

I live in the Northern Virginia area (Alexandria, Arlington, Springfield, Lorton).

Same deal. I'll pay for shipping there and back :)

Maybe if it's okay with Ron, I could send it to you when I'm done with it instead of ping-ponging it across the country and back.

Ron, let us know.

Thanks

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
That's fine with me guys, just keep track of it as I don't want to loose it. Greg, send it to Chuck and then Chuck can send it back to me. Just keep me posted here in this thread if you don't mind.

It'll be in the mail on it's way to Greg today.

TripC

Grip
Did you just come across this site when looking or do you know anyone that has actually used this file?

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
If it will make things easier, I can mail my firmware disc to Chuck directly so he doesn't have to wait as long.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'll take Larry up on that and save Greg and Ron the hassle. Larry, you'll get it back ASAP, and in mint condition. I appreciate the assist, as BB is taunting me from it's packaging :)

Thanks,
Chuck

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

I used the update on both my HD-A1 and XA1 from the site without any problems.

Stevepro1

Grip
Real Name
Steve
If you download the file, burn it to a CD-R NOT a CD+R. The Toshiba cannot read a +R.

Steve

RobertDW

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert D Wehe

Yes I believe you now must register to get the download. When I used the site registration was not required.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I downloaded the file and took it with a blank CD-R to local computer store where they burned file to disc in about 5 minutes and charged $5. I have Apple computer and did not have the Nero software. This was easy and convenient.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Chuck, I remember how much you like BB from the pic's discussion thread. You're in for a real treat once you spin the HD DVD after upgrading to v 2.0.

suckerforHD

Agent
Real Name
Kent Hall
Can someone send me a upgrade disc as well?

With same provisions (ill pay for shipping).

Thanks

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
It's interesting to me that--even amongst this tech-savvy, probable iPod-toting crowd--many are apparently avoiding and/or having trouble with downloading the fw upgrade--either via direct Ethernet connection to the player or d'loading to their PC and burning their own disc.

It seems to fly in the face of all the hooah we keep hearing about the imminence of downloading supplanting packaged media.

So I'm curious about the reasons why all of the guys who've requested discs from other HTFers herein are doing so instead of downloading and burning?

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
I agree....

I had the upgrade 4 days after the release...

downloaded and burned and updated....

all was simple... all was good....

Dugger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks