What's new

Firestarter DVD discrepancy (1 Viewer)

Jamie Cole

Stunt Coordinator
Just to let you know...

I don't think Firestarter is that great a movie but it has a good deal of sentimental value for me... since Image's DVD is almost unwatchable on a widescreen display, I've been looking forward to a new anamorphic version.

Deep Discount DVD has the original Firestarter listed (as part of the "franchise" 2-pack with the sequel) as a 1.33:1 full frame release. Some other sites list only 1.85:1 as the aspect ratio for the set (which is the ratio for the original DVD).

Anyway, Universal says the Firestarter DVD is 2.35:1 anamorphic. I'm trusting this, and wanted to post it here in case you'd be scared to order it after reading what the online stores have about it.

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Jamie I had both traded the FS off and have the 2.35:1 anamorphic, I own a RCA F38310 HDTV and the widescreen of Firestarter on my set is very 'clear'. Unlike the FS of the past. I have it in a keep case now instead of the snapper, to me it was worth it.:)

I have it in a Sony CX-860 300 + 1 changer and use
bettercables.com 'reference' silver serpent 1 meter, expensve but it's what I wanted. I read your post so I tried in my other changers a CX-475P, and a CX-850 all were clear using mulitple reference cables for my 6 to 1 component switcher, I redesigned for the RCA's 1 component input I have a 'reference' 2 meter on that one.

I do hope you get the view you want Jamie, have you tried other cables? The reference cables were like day and night compared to the ratshack component cabels that came along with the 2001 model JX4 HDTV. :)

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
Sorry for my confusion, so is Firestarter in the new double feature set anamorphic?

jason:g

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about you, but I felt that the new sequel is a bad sequel, and it doesn't even link up with the first movie... They reshot an introduction for the sequel to make you forget the events of the first movie!:angry:

It has good ideas, though. It revisits the myth set up in the first film, that wasn't fully explored in the first film, or, for that matter, in Stephen King's novel. Problem with the sequel is that it becomes lame and stupid at the end, trying to set itself up as an ongoing franchise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks