Firesale! Receivers, DVD pl, amps, subs, speakers!

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Joe Hsu, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

So, my friend has a bunch of stuff he’s accumulated and won over the years, that he’s now looking to sell. Money will go towards building a new HT for the new house. [​IMG] Pictures can be taken of anything you request, but I’d rather he not have to take pictures of a cardboard box. If it says it’s unused, that means no physical damage to the packaging - perfect. He has no problem opening a box and testing it after he receives payment and before shipment.

You can email me or PM me to ask questions or for details, and my references can be found at Heatware under EvilYoda, eBay under EvilleMario and HTF under Joe Hsu. He/I expect payment first due to my varied references with no negatives, in addition to the price of the items we’re talking about. If you have a long history of positive trading, then half first and half upon receipt can be worked out. A lower price might be able to be worked out if you take multiple items.

Yamaha RX-V2400 receiver and DVD-S2300MKII. New in the box, unused. He’s looking to sell them as a package, but he will part them out if a buyer for each is found. For both pieces, he’s looking for $1500 plus shipping. Parted out, each piece is priced at $800 plus shipping.

7x Kef HTS2001.2 satellite speakers in black with a PSW-2150 sub in black. Unused, new in the box. $1600 plus shipping, local preferred due to size of the package.

Velodyne HGS15 Series I, unopened, new in the box. $1400 plus shipping, local preferred due to the weight of the sub.

Proceed HPA2, unopened, new in the box. $2000 plus shipping, local preferred due to the weight of the amp.

Pioneer Elite VSX-37TX, opened with approximately 10 hours of use on it. $600 plus shipping.

Polk Audio LSFX in black, used for about a year, never mounted. Low listening levels, never driven hard. $250 for the pair, plus shipping.

Energy Tempest outdoor speakers, unused new in the box. $175 for the pair, plus shipping.

Velodyne DF661 bookshelf speakers. One speaker has two tiny dents on the top, from his son’s Matchbox car wheels being pushed in. $800 for the pair, plus shipping.

Velodyne LD3C center speaker (matches the DF661), unused new in the box. $250 plus shipping.

Thanks for reading this far down...gimme a kind bump if you could!

2. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

268 views and not one bump? Come on.

(Sorry, I'm used to a different etiquette on another board...don't mind my whining [​IMG])

3. Frank Bon

Frank Bon Stunt Coordinator

lots of great gear here... ttt

4. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

I know you're looking...but why aren't you PMing [​IMG]

5. TimMc

TimMc Stunt Coordinator

Well, for starters you might be dealing with some kind of subtle backlash or something like that. The "firesale" phrase in the thread title probably sets one expectation while those price quotes say something different. For just one example - the asking price for the 2400 is almost 25% over what many others have bought that unit for here. Haven't gone over the other items line-by-line so I can't tell you if they're all such hot deals or not. But I can tell you that I looked, then saw the prices, and that's why no PM.

Maybe if those prices were in Canadian dollars...

6. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

i appreciate the response, and for some reason, a search for Yamaha and then one for 2400 hardly bring up any threads...could you supply some links for me to look at? I'm quite surprised that that price for a brand new one is considered "high".

Any help would be appreciated, as he has too much stuff for me to keep track of, and I just want to help him out here.

edit: Just checked some online prices along with ebay...and most prices are around 800 dollars, not including a warranty even! I really must be looking in the wrong places here. [​IMG]

7. TimMc

TimMc Stunt Coordinator

Well, for starters there's a thread right here in this forum that listed a 2400 @ $650 (and I know what the real final number was 'cause I know who has that 2400). Your "new in box" and "$800 not including warranty even" unfortunately become kinda irrelevant, 'cause whoever buys that $2400 is not the original purchaser and therefore has no claim to a Yamaha warranty (I know that part too, 'cause I read their fine print). "Unused NewInBox" through these private sales almost always means "No Warranty, buddy".

The other unfortunate part is that practically everyone looking at these forums (or eBay or wherever) tends to discount the NewInBox part, kind of like the "I only took it out of the box to take a picture" that is soooo often used (at least at eBay). It's unfortunate when you're the seller, but it's become a basic (and unfortunately necessary) defense mechanism for buyers who've gotten unwanted surprizes. You know you're almost always getting a new unopened unit from a store, but private sales have greater risks and therefore you need a greater return on investment - in this case a lower price on the same unit. If you're not beating B&M or e-tail prices by a good margin then it's not worth more than a look...

Joe - it's not that all that gear isn't great stuff or those are "bad" prices. It's just that you typically have to have some patience, take your time, and work at it if you want to sell for top prices, that's all.

8. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

edit: meh, not worth it. should've been stuck in a PM anyway.

Thanks guys for looking, I guess I'm just too used to another online community.