What's new

FIRES in California (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
HTF members that are near this horrible event are too busy with survival to post here, or in some cases their computers are now melted. :frowning:
It would be interesting to hear from some of you who are not immediatly threatened by the flames. I spent a couple of years in the San Diego/Oceanside/Los Angeles area back in the 60s. My geographical knowledge of the area is a little rusty now.

Jim

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
A friend of mine who lives just at the Ventura County border came by last night. He told me it's an eerie experience to look toward the hill and see an orange glow dominating the evening sky. His house is not in danger, though.

The smoke-filtered sunlight has made for some interesting sunsets here. But that's of no account to the people who have lost all they have (including for, now, fourteen people, their lives).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Two coworkers live in Simi Valley and were spared the worst, but their neighborhoods were on alert for a few days. Same with a good friend who moved back to S.D. but her house is out of danger now too.

Definitely no fun in SoCal right now. :frowning:

Bolivar G

Second Unit
My Truck is covered in ash , even thou I'm no where near the fires. The air smells of burnt and the sky glows an earie orange. Its out of control in southern cali.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks