What's new

Firefox line break issue when typing responses (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone else run into this? I can't seem to figure out the exact cause of this, but a lot of times I will be typing a reply here and have to edit part of my message. Then when I go back to typing again, Firefox puts in a line break rather than wrapping the text. You always have to delete the line break and sometimes I'll delete the line break and then Firefox will add yet another line break. :angry:

Actually, as I was typing this, it happened. Again, I can't recall what I was doing when it happened though. I went back and edited part of the message and when I came back to start typing again, there was a line break.

Has anyone else run into this in Firefox?

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.2 with no problems. In Home Theater Forum, click on User CP, then Edit Options, and verify that your Message Editor is set to "Standard Editor".

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I use the enhanced interface (WYSIWYG) - maybe that's the culprit? The odd thing is, it happens in Firefox on both the Mac and PC.

p.s. I'm also using Firefox 2.0.0.2

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I use FireFox also. I never had the issues you describe, but on a similar note. When I edit & go back to typing, sometimes I have to click 2 or 3 times to get the curser to reappear at the end of the post. Not a biggie, but can be annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks