What's new

Firefox cache help (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I just recently got the most recent version of Firefox (2.0.0.6) and it's working fine except for one critical issue: the cache.

I had my old version of Firefox set to not have any cache, mainly because at HTF and other forums, having any cache doesn't take away the New Posts icon next to each topic after I've looked at it and clicked the Back button.

The only place I can find to edit the amount of space allowed for cache files is under Tools --> Advanced --> Network. I put 0 in there, clicked ok, but it still doesn't take off the New Posts icon unless I refresh the page. I restarted my comp but it didn't change anything.

Anyone know how to take care of this? I know it's a pretty minor issue, but it is a major annoyance.

Edit: No idea what I did but it seems to be fixed now. Weird.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
In the address bar, type:

about:config

and hit enter.

In the filter line, type cache

You should have a bunch of lines with cache in them; what you want is brower.cache.disk.enable and browser.cache.memory.enable - if you want to totally disable all caching, double-click both lines until they read "user set, boolean, false"

Then, for laughs, type:

about:mozilla

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yes! I had browser.cache.disk.enable set to false, but the other one was still on true--looks like it's all working now, thanks!

:laugh: at about:mozilla

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks