What's new

Firefly extras info..... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
The following was taken from the Scifi channel website.

Nathan Fillion, star of Fox's defunct SF western series Firefly, told SCI FI Wire that the show could rise again, both as a movie and as a DVD set. "Right now, our hopes and dreams are pinned on a Firefly movie, which TV can't cancel us out of," Fillion said in an interview at the May 18 Saturn Awards, where he was honored with Cinescape's Face of the Future Award. "We're talking silver screen, wide release, big old deal. So everything's looking very positive, so we're going to keep our fingers crossed."

Series creator Joss Whedon would write and direct the movie, Fillion added.

Meanwhile, Fillion—who played Capt. Mal Reynolds—said that he is completing audio commentaries for a complete DVD set of the Fox series' 15 produced episodes, including three that never aired. "I just finished commentary with Alan Tudyk [Wash] on 'War Stories,' an episode where he and I got tortured. ... And then, Monday, I go in to do audio commentary with Joss Whedon for 'Serenity,' the two-hour pilot."

The DVD will also include on-camera interviews and maybe even some of Fillion's own behind-the-scenes home video and photos. As for the unaired episodes, Fillion said, "My naked ass is in them. In the very last episode. I'll let you know that much. They called me Capt. Tight Pants for some time. And now it's going to be Capt. No Pants for sure." Fillion did not know when the DVD set would come out.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
"I just finished commentary with Alan Tudyk [Wash] on 'War Stories,' an episode where he and I got tortured
One of my favorite eps, can't wait to hear that one, should be hysterical. Fillion was really funny in the clips from the website, combined with Joss's powers Serenity should be formidible commentary

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
It was a good show, better (IMO) than Buffy has been in a couple of years, and I think it deserved better. Losing Firefly and Farscape in the same year has been painful.

Eagerly awaiting this DVD set, which I will buy on release day.

Dave Molinarolo

Stunt Coordinator
As a member of the TrekBBS, where Firefly got a lot of discussion on the SCi-Fi/Fantasy sub-forum, I can bet that those fans wil be over joyed with this news...

HOWEVER, I never "got" that series. I tried watching (and suffered through) the pilot episode and I just couldn't get myself to like it. IMO, it was boring, the premise dumb (a western in space, I mean com'on), and as far as acting goes wooden.

Quite honestly I wasn't surprised at all that it got cancelled. Because I also know a lot of people that got turned off by the pilot episode.

But like I said, a lot of people are going to be happy with this DVD release. Shame though that it didn't get a full season.

Douglas*A*R

Stunt Coordinator

Like Jeff said, the first episode aired was not the pilot. Fox really screwed Firefly over since it's a very serialized show, but it was aired WAY out of order.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
IMHO, the best episodes are War Stories and Objects in Space, which weren't supposed to come until later. My understanding is Joss told Fox the shwow would take awhile to build a following and they said they understood, btu they apparently didn't.

I'm looking forward to seeing the show in OAR in the correct order.

Lane_S

Agent
Count me as one who didn't care for the FIRST episode (they didn't broadcast the pilot untill the end of the series' run) but who came back (due to my respect for Joss) and found myself liking the series more and more with each passing episode.

This has been a tough year with the loss of all the good sci-fi "F" series, Firefly, Farscape and Futurama, but I'm glad to see this one will get a chance in DVD. As the other poster said, I'm really looking forward to watching the series in its proper order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks