What's new

Firefly $20 preorder (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
If they reneged, trying giving them a bout of holiday cheer:

"Merry F'in Christmas to you and yours! Hmmph!"

(oh, but at least get your deposit back before you leave the store!)

Tony_I

Stunt Coordinator
Yesterday, while I was out shopping with my fiancé', I had an employee rip up an on-the-shelf advertised price of $19.99 for this set at Suncoast. (EB,NJ)

Needless to say, they will NEVER get a dime of mine, ever...

As it was, I was the one who ended up alerting the cheap price to the employee. (as I was getting ready to order it)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
My wife picked up my two copies from Suncoast this morning (one for me, one for an Xmas gift). No problems at all, and the staff person actually commented "You got in on the superduper wrong pricing."

This was the Burlington MA store.;)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, I went to pick up my sets during lunch today, and the sales clerk didn't give me any grief over getting in on the deal. The set rung up at $39.99, and he had to do a manual override on both sets I purchased. He did try to sign me up on their MediaPlay-type card, but I declined. Whew, glad that's over with.

Colin Davidson

Second Unit
I too am happy to report that I picked mine up a half hour ago and did not get questioned at all about the pricing.

Thanks to Gary for posting this deal.

John Swarce

Second Unit
I pre-ordered mine at the Suncoast in Taunton, MA last week (only $5 down), and went in today to pick it up. They had a wire rack with a bunch on new releases right at the door with Firefly at $19.99 (display sign). I grabbed a copy and proceeded to the desk to buy it (I didn't know if they would have one put aside for me...and they didn't). The clerk rang it up....$39.99. Called the manager. "There must be some mistake, but we have to honor the price", said he. I mentioned the sale sign on the display and he had no comment. They rang it up for $19.99 and as I was leaving, a woman behind the counter was on the phone with someone, with 3 other Firefly pre-orders in front of her. Probably corporate. The sign was also off the display (quick moving manager).

Hope I didn't screw any other HTF'ers, but they do have to honor the pre-order price if you have your receipt.

Thank you to the original poster. BTW, this was a blind buy for me, but I trusted the great comments about this series from all of you.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
My wife had no problems picking it up, although apparently the cashier needed help figuring out how to ring it up. I have to admit, for $40 I don't know if I would have picked up the set. Yeah, I really liked the series and wished it had continued, but I also know it'll never go anywhere. However, for $20 I had no problem with getting it.

And all thanks should go to the people in the tivo community forums, I just passed it along from there. (Heck, I'm almost never in suncoast to even notice that they had the deal/price mistake going).

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I don't know about Firefly not going anywhere. Maybe not as a series, but a big-screen movie is supposed to be in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks