What's new

Firefly 12/13/02 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Another solid episode for a defunct series.

I simply love the undercurrent of situational humor in this show.

Having River play mind games withe Early was very clever.

Jayne and his drool was a good touch.

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Maybe enough folk will tune into these later, excellent episodes to counter the poor showing the series got early on and Fox will reconsider.

Looks like the pilot will be shown next week as well. Make certain you reschedule your recordings for 2 hours.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I record both hours (Firefly and John Doe) on Friday, so no biggie for me.

The way they write the characters and the audience expectation is just fun stuff (like Jayne hearing a noise, rolling over, tugs on the blanket, exposing his arsenal, and then he just crawls under the blanket to catch more shut-eye).

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
Damn, I'm gonna miss this show! Just in case Fox is reading, I postponed my family christmas vacation so I can watch the Pilot next week! Hell if I'm gonna wait until After xmas to see it!

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I thought Jayne was just hysterical this episode.

"If wishes were horses, then we'd all be .... eating steak.'

And the conversation between Jayne and Shepherd about celibacy...funny stuff.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
Wow, this episode blew me away. I dont usually fall for characters right away, but Early was awesome from the moment he opened his mouth. He seems like a great, intriguing, well-envisioned character. Since Firefly had to go, maybe it should be replaced with Early's own series ;) . Anyway, the rest of the ep was top notch; River's mind games, and Jayne's blanket being standout moments.
BTW, when do you think Early stole Jango Fett's ship??
Well, hopefully when 'riskier' TV DVD sets like Family Guy and Futurama start selling well this Feb, Fox will throw us a bone and put out a Firefly set.
Great episode tonight.
Another reason why I love TiVo; it's done automatically.
Isnt that the truth. Tivo is the greatest machine, EVER!
JQ

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
The last two shows I've latched on to, Sportsnight and Firefly, both die an early death...sigh. Tonight's episode was one of the show's best episodes so far. I also like the relatively simple solution to Early's superior speed and battle skills.

Are you Alliance?
Am I a Lion? Yes, I guess you could say I'm a lion. I have a loud roar...
I asked if you were Alliance.
Oh...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Also, is it just me, or was Early a reader as well? Clearly not as powerful, but the way he confused the word "alliance" for "a liar" (which is what River called him later on, sort of like the beginning, with her catching snippets of past and future dialogue within normal conversations) and the fact that he pointed the gun at Simon before he made the move.

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I thought Early looked familiar but couldn't place the face. It finally came to me today, G vs. E! Loved him in that show!

Danny R

Supporting Actor
And of course this episode only heightens the mystery around Shepherd as well, as Early seemed to have detailed information about everyone.

I'm still not certain as well what River's insights into him mean, as I don't think he was refering to Jayne.

Another reason why I love TiVo; it's done automatically.

Yup... to bad Must Carry wasn't in effect when I joined up with Dish. DTV didn't offer WB or UPN back then, so even though I wanted a Tivo, I wasn't going that route. Stuck with a Dish501.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.