Fire and Ice on DVD when??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rhett_Y, Apr 23, 2002.

1. Rhett_Y

Rhett_Y Screenwriter

Hi all..

Just curious if anybody has heard any news what so ever about Fire and Ice the animation movie coming to dvd, if not can we start a petition to maybe get this great movie!

Thanks

R~

2. Ben Motley

Ben Motley Supporting Actor

That would be nice, wouldn't it? I've heard nothing about such a release though. [​IMG]
    I'd like Wizards also, which is totally M.I.A. as well. [​IMG]
    Bakshi rocks. [​IMG]
    p.s. *sigh*, it's a shame, but from previous experience it seems inevitable that there will probably be a few posters who feel the need to incessantly post about how much Bakshi sucks. I can only ask that these individuals start their own "Bakshi Sucks Raw Eggs" thread. Please? [​IMG]

3. Steve Christou

Steve Christou Long Member

Steve Christou
    Yes yes count me in for 'Fire & Ice' on dvd, classic Bakshi animation, plenty of gratuitous violence, impossibly voluptuous women and the best use of rotoscoping since Bakshi's superb 'Lord of the Rings'.

A 'Wizards' dvd would be very nice too, a strange animated movie, which even includes doctored clips from Spartacus, El Cid and Zulu in the animated battles, totally nuts, well its Bakshi, the man who gave us 'Fritz the Cat' the first X rated animated movie!

4. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

I'd love to have a Wizards DVD in anamorphic OAR. When this came out I sat through all three shows each of the three days that it was playing at the local theater. [​IMG]

5. GaryEA

GaryEA Second Unit

What a great movie! The Frazetta fan in me cries out for this to be on DVD. (My tape is going to snap any day now)

Unfortunately, I've heard nada on this one.

-g

p.s. I'd love to see the live action footage they used to rotoscope the characters. It would make for some interesting viewing.

6. MaxY

MaxY Guest

I personally think he deserves a complete boxed set as much as anyone does.

I would love to have all his movie (IN OAR PLEASE) on DVD.

Max

7. Eric F

Eric F Screenwriter