Finnaly finished sono

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Tilley, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Well being my third sono I finally finished this one all the way through. I cant wait to get some pic of this one up, Dustin B posted some of my pictures for me quite awhile back of it. But now its finally complete & here to stay. It stands at just under 6 feet with the caps in place & is 20" in diameter. If anyone remembers I had quite a different approach to the legs of it, & both end caps match. Anyway I finally finished it out in red oak veneer on the sono, & both end caps are done in birch, & I stained the whole thing in American Cherry. I got to say before it was a sort of eyesore, but now it looks damn nice setting in the corner. Hay even the wife fully approves of it now[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Anyhow just sharing my joy I will get some pictures up as soon as I can, I wish I had a digital cam to make that a little easier.

2. JeffTodd

JeffTodd Stunt Coordinator

Joe,

Congrats on finishing the project! Can't wait to see some pics of the veneer wrap around the sonotube. I had thought of going this route, but knew it would probably be too much for a first attempt.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Damnit Joe, you're such a tease. You can't talk about finishing your sub like that and not have pictures. Send them my way when you get them and I'll post'm for you again.

4. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Jeff, doing the veneer is not hard at all. Just don't make the mistake I did at first & try to use water based contact cement[​IMG] That one cost me some time & a full sheet of veneer.
    Dustin, thanks for the offer. As soon as my wife gets some pictures done I will give you a shout. The only way I can get anything done is with picture CD since I don't have a dig cam. I really cant wate to show this one off, the veneer really makes it look nice.