finished tempest! WooooooHoooooo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rudy D, Jun 16, 2002.

1. Rudy D

Rudy D Extra

I have been finished for a few weeks now. It is awsome. Very tight, clean, smooth. Here are some numbers with no eq.
    Hz DB
    20- 88
    22- 88
    25- 91
    28- 91
    32- 90
    36- 91
    40- 91
    45- 95
    50- 97
    56- 92
    63- 94
    71- 93
    80- 90
    I think this is pretty good. A little jump at 45 & 50, and a little dip at 20 & 80. Here is a link for a few pics. I would like to thank all that helped with this. Patrick sun for his plans. Mike Straussburg(i think i spelled it right). I was not sure how I was going to finish it until I went to Mikes house for a killer demo. I liked his finish very much. So I copied some of it. The black vinyl. Then I used some black garden hose to trim the top and bottom. I would also like to thank Travis Gibby who is the one who really pointed me in this direction for building this Tepmest. He is the one who initiallly introduced this to me. I never heard of Adire Audio until he gave me the link to this great DIY forum. I am using an Adcom GFA 5500 to power it. 200watts per voice coil.
    http://www.geocities.com/davidr2112/...eatrepage.html

2. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

Impressive in room response, I wish mine was that good.
    From what I can tell in the pics, looks good [​IMG]
    Welcome to the club. Just don't laugh out loud too hard when you go into an A/V store and look at the prices on their little gutless subs.

3. Mike Strassburg

Mike Strassburg Second Unit

Dave,
    Looks good & glad you're happy with the results. Hard to imagine something so simple can sound SO good.
    So when you gonna build a dual Tempest?? [​IMG]

4. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

Nice looking sub there Rudy, pretty impressive numbers too. BTW, how do you like those JM Labs speakers??

5. Scott Simonian

Scott Simonian Screenwriter

6. Rudy D

Rudy D Extra

Cam, I am very happy with the JM Labs. They are very clear, and have great imaging. With good recordings you can close your eyes, and it sounds like they are playing right in front of you. It does not sound like it is comming out of the speaker itself. You just hear it like there is a stage in front of you. Dave