Finished my First DIY sub...link to pictures

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Hine, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Hello all,
    Just finished my first DIY sub this morning. All parts and pieces were purchased from Kyle Richardson of Acoustic Visions . First off, thanks for all your help Kyle!
    Pictures of my subwoofer.
    I used a 3cubic ft cabinet for the enclosure along with the 12" Dayton DVC. It is tuned to 20ish hz and it is a HUGE improvement over my polk PSW250 (for about the same total cost).
    I haven't really gotten to "test" it's output and to be quite honest I wouldn't know where to begin. So any advice on that would be welcome. Until I get some data can I get some opinions strictly on the visual aspect of my subwoofer?
    Thanks to everyone on this board for the wealth of knowledge. I feel I did quite well, mostly b/c of all the examples you have provided me! [​IMG]
    Dan Hine

2. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

Nice job. [​IMG] That's one good looking sub.
    Jon

3. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

Excellent Job!! I'm yet to do my first sub but I will in time. Once again, Congrats.

4. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter

Thanks for the kind words guys. [​IMG]
    Jack,
    Yes the purple did come out really nice. I want to do the next one with the same color scheme but switch it so the sub is purple and the grill frame is black. I think that would look really cool side by side. Do you have any suggestions as to how to get some data about my sub. I would like to know how it performs besides "it's loud and shakes the room." [​IMG] Test cd's, indoors/outside, etc...
    Any help and or comments are greatly appreciated! Or heck, if anyone has any questions I'd be glad to share what I can.
    Dan Hine

5. Andrew V

Andrew V Stunt Coordinator

Dan, You really did a great job on that sub. The finish looks fantastic. It was worth all of those coats. [​IMG] Give us a full report after you get a chance to test it out.

6. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Well done. You need to get a sound level meter (if you don't already have one) and a test DVD or CD (Surround Test CD) (AVIA) etc and plot it out.