What's new

Finished my Dayton DVC (pics) (1 Viewer)

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
So I finished up the Dayton 12" DVC with PE plate amp. 3 cubic feet slot ported, tuned to 23htz. Coated in semi gloss black and PE cherry vinyl.

So whatcha think? I was pretty pleased with how the vinyl came out, was worried it might look cheap. I'd really like to find some kind of dayton logo to put in the corner. I like the stuff I build to look retail.

More pictures at http://triton.homeip.net/gallery

Next up.. AV3's!

MikeSRC

Second Unit
Looks very nice, Ben. That vinyl's not bad at all. What are the dimensions of the sub? I might want to build something similar but stand it on end (I have a width restriction).

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. It's exteneral demensions are 22.5x22.5x15.5. The port goes all the way down one side, so the interal demensions aren't square. You can see the inside of it in the other pictures.

BenSC

Stunt Coordinator
Oops, just realized I posted the dark pictures instead of the light ones. Oh well, the link has the better pictures.

It performs nicely, though it is a tad overwhelming for my DIY Bose (I know, don't laugh, they were oober cheap to make and will hold me over till the AV3's). Since the sub is tuned so low I've got a huge gap in frequency between around 80htz and 220htz, which is really annoying. It's hard to evaluate bass when it has nothing to meld with.

It does however manage to vibrate my insides without rattling everything in the house, which is very pleasing. And the clarity is very nice, much easier on the ears than the Sony I had before it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks