finished my 54L Titanic 12" MKII sub

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by george king, Jan 26, 2004.

1. george king

george king Supporting Actor

first i would like to thank Brian and Hank for putting up with me, all my questions, and potential orders for a sub box. I decided to try it myself, and when I post pics tomorrow you will see it does not look anywhere as good as what they would have done (it is an ugly black box), but what the heck.

This this rocks. 54L, sealed, 12" titanic mkII, PE 250W plate amp, stuffed with 2 lbs of polyfill. I just hooked it up, popped it in the corner, and put in the pod race scene, and the opening scene of LOTR: FOTR and almost knocked some pics off the wall. Threw in some Holly Cole and was amazed at how tight and deep it went, and what I had been missing.

Thanks for everyones help. I could not have done it without you. Oh yes, the bookshelf speakers are GR Research AV-1s and I bought the raw MDF cabs from Brian (who does amazing work).

[​IMG]

2. RobLJ

RobLJ Stunt Coordinator

You got pics? Sounds good.

3. george king

yes i have pics, but being a bozo, i left the cable at work, and cant download them till tomorrow.

The thing is butt ugly, just a box painted with hammered truck bed liner.

But boy oh boy, I never knew what I was missing. The AV-1s did pretty well, especially for music, but not for movies. It is an eye opening and bone rattling experience.

I just finished a couple of hours ago, and have been listening non stop. Tomorrow when I get home, I will calibrate it and get it better integrated, but the thing is great.

4. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

George,

Welcome to the dark side! [​IMG] Glad I was able to be of some help in your sub building quest.

5. george king

brian,

thanks a lot, it means something coming from you. You may still get an order for the sub box, but with a veneer on it. It depends on whether the wife can learn to live with it - she loves the sound, but it has a VERY low WAF.

However, I did learn a lot, and you and Hank did teach me quite a bit, and for that i am grateful.