Finished AV1! PICS!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andrew Lin, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Andrew Lin

Andrew Lin Extra

Hey guys, I've had my AV1s finished for about a month now, but only recently got my website up to display them. Let me know what you guys think! Thanks to Brian Bunge for his awesome veneering tutorial!
    Click on the DIY Speaker Link:
    http://www.andrewlin.net/

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I could just post "great job" but I'll have to just say what I want to say:
    Which is that they look ordinary and text book generic. [​IMG]
    The craftsmanship looks on par with some of the others I've seen. You going to post how they sound in comparison to another speaker?

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Andrew,

I'm glad I could be of some help. It looks like you did a very good job on the veneer. The side of that one picture looks like you were sanding across the grain. This is a big no no. Always sand with the grain to keep from scratching the wood.

Chris,

I'm not sure whether your comments are meant to be a joke or not, but regardless there's only so much you can do with a predesigned speaker from an artistic standpoint. You can't just take a speaker and turn it into a truncated pyramid like you can a subwoofer.

Brian

4. ChristopherD

ChristopherD Stunt Coordinator

Jeez, Chris, the poor guy goes to UCLA, he's got enough emotional issues to deal with...like when he gets beaten 27-0 again this year.

Andrew, I hope my attempts at DIY turn out as "ordinary" as yours. I think you turned in a fine effort. Please post your thoughts on the sound as I am ordering some GR kits soon.