What's new

Finding some veneer... (1 Viewer)

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Online. I went to http://www.oakwoodveneer.com/samples.html
to look at different types of veneer I may want. They seem to have quite a few and in 10mil and 22mil paperback. The prices are around $5-$20/sheet and minium order is 1 sheet. I am still going to look locally but do think this is a good place?
Any woodworkers got any advice as to what is hard/easy to work with?

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Their stuff looks pretty good. I think you may be a little confused on the pricing. A 4x8 sheet of Red Oak is $1.39 per Sq foot. That comes up to about $44.
Tape Ease, www.tapeease.com is a little cheaper. The charged me $37 for an 8x4 sheet. This has the grain goign the short way across the sheet. It worked out better for wrapping cabinets so I only have one seam. In any case, I think standard 4x8 is the same price.
John

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Oops I guess I didn't look close enough at pricing:b Thats why I posted here. Seemed a little cheap:) I still have to do some more lookin around locally. ordering from the US always doubles the price. Thanks for the link .

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
All I've ever used is Tape-Ease and am very happy with the quality. And the 10 mil paperbacked veneers are easy to work with!

Brian

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
Thanks. Tape-ease it is if I can't find locally. Actually my av1+ kit should come today, possibly tomorrow. I may have to hunt UPS. actually know purolators and fedex's route :)

Cam S

Screenwriter
Veneer at Revy or Home Depot will be alot cheaper than ordering it from the states if either of those stores has the veneer you are looking for.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I'm not quite sure on how to finish them. I was thinking birdseye maple but that depends on price and availblity. I migh just go for normal maple.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks