What's new

Finding Nemo - my new favorite bass track!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
Bought Finding Nemo 2 days ago, finally watched it last night. While the video throughout most of it would not be my choice to show off my video system, there are some awesome audio tracks.

I say that about the video, because they did an awesome job of making the movie have the real effect of being in ocean water (if you have ever been snokling, you know what I mean); not that it is poor quality. The screens in the fish tank are very nice, and they did a GREAT job of distinguishing the water in the fish tank from the water in the ocean!!!

Now to the audio. Chapter 25. The little girl is banging on the fish tank glass. Man oh man. The entire house was shaking. Maybe it is just my setup, but that was the best bass I have heard from the Tumults yet!!!!!

If you have not seen the movie, it is worth $15 to buy it!!

Brian

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
Picked it up last night at BB with the free CD case! I also just got my Tempest hooked back up last night. Can't wait to watch it tonight! I'll be listening for the section you mentioned.

Ronnie

ChristopherD

Stunt Coordinator
The first time I saw it in the theater, they must have had the bass cranked up. The mines absolutely shook the room. The second time...not so much.
The animation is AMAZING. The particulate matter in the ocean was nice, but they absolutely nailed the surface of the water.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
The spot where the nasty little girl with the mouth full of steel (:D) is knocking on the glass of the doc's tank, is not really all that deep in Hz's.
This speaking to those with capable 20Hz and lower sub/s....

BUT:
Definitely recorded at a high amplitude tho,,, and will absoluty shake your house/apt nicely...

Certainly don't want to lead anyone to think their's no deep bass in the movie, just the oppisite, lots of nice BASS along with good use of the surrounds!

Just a very nice movie for all ages to enjoy, and you gota love those bright colors.....
A must have IMO...:emoji_thumbsup: & :star::star::star::star::star:1/2

Regards
Geoff

ChrisArmour

Stunt Coordinator
I watched it late last night, and OMG, there is definatly some unexpected bass mixed in there. I had to reach for my remote a few times to turn it down.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait til I have a moment to spin this up. Watching it in the theaters I thought "either this place is overcranking their bass or this is going to be one sweet sounding DVD!"

I guess it's the latter. :D

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think the girl tapping on the glass was "louder" bass, while the whale scene was probably "deeper" bass. They both rocked the house!

:eek:

Ronnie Ferrell

Second Unit
I think the whale scene has MUCH deeper bass than the tank tapping scene. The tank tapping IS loud but probably all of it is around 80hz. WHICH I think IS hilarious! I am sure they were trying to emphasize how annoying the tapping is for the fish. What's more annoying to us humans than pulling up next to a rice burner at a light who is pumping out some nasty 80Hz bass note. TO FUNNY!

But the whale scene, OMG! It had to be down in the 20hz range! And the mines were not to shabby either!

What a really fun movie!

Ronnie

Nick Totoro

Stunt Coordinator

What's funny was that was exactly what I was thinking at that scene. It got to that point and I was like "Please, God... make it stop... " ;)

The sound and the looks on the faces of the fish were priceless. Not deep bass at that point, but just at a frequency and volume that really cut. Hope I turned it down in-time, otherwise the people who lived in the apartment below me (or beside and above, for that matter) probably wouldn't have been too please... ;)

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks