What's new

Finding Nemo DVD Details (1 Viewer)

LukeB

Senior HTF Member

Release Date: November 4, 2003

DISC 1: SUBMERGES THE DVD ENTHUSIAST

· Widescreen Viewing Presentation
1.78:1 Enhanced for 16 x 9 Televisions. Digitally Mastered from Pixar's original source.

· Filmmakers' Visual Commentary
Including Deleted Scenes And Recording Sessions
Take a trip through the evolution of Finding Nemo as Pixar's Writer/Director Andrew Stanton, Co-Director Lee Unkrich and Co-Writer Bob Peterson provide revealing commentary on the film's challenges, wrong turns, and unexpected surprises.

· Making Nemo: A Special Documentary
A documentary filmmaker worked alongside Pixar Executive Producer John Lasseter, Writer/Director Andrew Stanton and the Pixar team to reveal the making of Finding Nemo. Go inside the studio and meet the people at Pixar who brought Finding Nemo to life. Learn about the challenges they faced designing and animating characters without arms and legs, how they created a believable underwater experience, and struggled to build a world as vast as the ocean itself. With a little mariachi music, an "Ugly Contest" and a lot of determination, see how the team finally brought Finding Nemo to the big screen.

· Review The Art Of Nemo
Narrated By The Artists Themselves
Listen in as Pixar artists guide you through a collection of the stunning pre-production artwork that inspired Finding Nemo's final computer-generated imagery.

· Virtual Aquariums
Let the world of Finding Nemo come to life, as you turn your TV into your own aquarium of beautiful, animated environments from the movie.

DISC 2: A VOYAGE OF FAMILY FUN

· Fullscreen Viewing Presentation
1.33:1 Standard TV digital source specifically reframed 5.1 digitally mastered from Pixar's original source and specially reframed by the filmmakers themselves.

· Exploring The Reef With Jean-Michel Cousteau - a New Original Short Film!
In this original short film, created exclusively for the DVD, world-renowned undersea explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau takes us on a dive into Australia's Great Barrier Reef, the real-life setting for Finding Nemo. All he wants to do is finish his documentary, but things get complicated by the surprise appearance of Dory, Marlin, and Nemo.

· Learning Fun Encyclopedia
Nemo's very own teacher guides you through an encyclopedia that comes to life! Learn all about the real fish that inspired the characters of Finding Nemo.

· Discover The Classic Pixar Animation Studios Short Film Knick Knack
Imagine being a snowman trapped in a snow-globe. Now imagine you're surrounded by knick-knacks from "Sunny Miami," "Sunny Palm Springs" and even "Sunny Death Valley." You'd want out, but how to do it? Watch this hilarious story of frustration created by the Pixar team with early CGI technology. As a bonus feature, learn about the first days of computer animation with commentary from Director John Lasseter and Technical Director Eben Ostby.

· Play "Fisharades"
Crush hosts a game of underwater charades with your favorite school of fish. As they form shapes, it's your chance to guess what they are before they finish. This game lets you play alone, or with another player!

· Grab The Kids for Storytime
Enjoy an all-new, read-along adventure with Nemo. Meet all his fun teachers as he spends a day at school.

· Pixar Animation Studios
Made especially for "future animators," and hosted by the voice of Nemo, Alexander Gould, this hilarious behind-the-scenes tour journeys from story department to screening room and everywhere in-between!

· Virtual Aquariums
Wish you had a fish tank like the dentist? Well stop wishing! Turn your TV into an aquarium populated by Gill, Bloat, Peach, Nemo and the rest of the tank gang.

And Much More!

More to be announced...

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Press Release:

THE #1 FILM OF THE YEAR BECOMES THE #1 DVD ON NOVEMBER 4!

Walt Disney Pictures Presentation Of A Pixar Animation Studios Film
"FINDING NEMO"

Dive Into A 2-Disc Collector's Edition DVD Loaded With Bonus Materials

From The Oscar-Winning Creators of TOY STORY and MONSTERS, INC.

BURBANK, Calif., July 28, 2003 - Go 'beyond the sea' with the #1 film of the year, FINDING NEMO, coming to DVD in a 2-disc Collector's Edition and to VHS on November 4 from Walt Disney Home Entertainment and Pixar Animation Studios (Nasdaq: PIXR). The fantastic Collector's Edition DVD plunges the viewer deep into the world of FINDING NEMO, with a new, original short film, exciting, never-seen-before scenes, a humorous Pixar studio tour, a fun interactive game, virtual aquariums, an exclusive 'making of' documentary, and much more (see attached). Presented with pristine digital picture and sound, a stellar cast and eye-popping computer-animation magic, FINDING NEMO on DVD includes both 'widescreen' and 'full-frame' viewing options. This tidal wave of laughs, adventure and cinematic wizardry is available on a 2-disc DVD for $29.99 (S.R.P.) and on VHS for $24.99 (S.R.P.).

DISC 1: SUBMERGES THE DVD ENTHUSIAST

· Widescreen Viewing Presentation
1.78:1 Enhanced for 16 x 9 Televisions. Digitally Mastered from Pixar's original source.

· Filmmakers' Visual Commentary
Including Deleted Scenes And Recording Sessions
Take a trip through the evolution of Finding Nemo as Pixar's Writer/Director Andrew Stanton, Co-Director Lee Unkrich and Co-Writer Bob Peterson provide revealing commentary on the film's challenges, wrong turns, and unexpected surprises.

· Making Nemo: A Special Documentary
A documentary filmmaker worked alongside Pixar Executive Producer John Lasseter, Writer/Director Andrew Stanton and the Pixar team to reveal the making of Finding Nemo. Go inside the studio and meet the people at Pixar who brought Finding Nemo to life. Learn about the challenges they faced designing and animating characters without arms and legs, how they created a believable underwater experience, and struggled to build a world as vast as the ocean itself. With a little mariachi music, an "Ugly Contest" and a lot of determination, see how the team finally brought Finding Nemo to the big screen.

· Review The Art Of Nemo
Narrated By The Artists Themselves
Listen in as Pixar artists guide you through a collection of the stunning pre-production artwork that inspired Finding Nemo's final computer-generated imagery.

· Virtual Aquariums
Let the world of Finding Nemo come to life, as you turn your TV into your own aquarium of beautiful, animated environments from the movie.

DISC 2: A VOYAGE OF FAMILY FUN

· Fullscreen Viewing Presentation
1.33:1 Standard TV digital source specifically reframed 5.1 digitally mastered from Pixar's original source and specially reframed by the filmmakers themselves.

· Exploring The Reef With Jean-Michel Cousteau - a New Original Short Film!
In this original short film, created exclusively for the DVD, world-renowned undersea explorer Jean-Michel Cousteau takes us on a dive into Australia's Great Barrier Reef, the real-life setting for Finding Nemo. All he wants to do is finish his documentary, but things get complicated by the surprise appearance of Dory, Marlin, and Nemo.

· Learning Fun Encyclopedia
Nemo's very own teacher guides you through an encyclopedia that comes to life! Learn all about the real fish that inspired the characters of Finding Nemo.

· Discover The Classic Pixar Animation Studios Short Film Knick Knack
Imagine being a snowman trapped in a snow-globe. Now imagine you're surrounded by knick-knacks from "Sunny Miami," "Sunny Palm Springs" and even "Sunny Death Valley." You'd want out, but how to do it? Watch this hilarious story of frustration created by the Pixar team with early CGI technology. As a bonus feature, learn about the first days of computer animation with commentary from Director John Lasseter and Technical Director Eben Ostby.

· Play "Fisharades"
Crush hosts a game of underwater charades with your favorite school of fish. As they form shapes, it's your chance to guess what they are before they finish. This game lets you play alone, or with another player!

· Grab The Kids for Storytime
Enjoy an all-new, read-along adventure with Nemo. Meet all his fun teachers as he spends a day at school.

· Pixar Animation Studios
Made especially for "future animators," and hosted by the voice of Nemo, Alexander Gould, this hilarious behind-the-scenes tour journeys from story department to screening room and everywhere in-between!

· Virtual Aquariums
Wish you had a fish tank like the dentist? Well stop wishing! Turn your TV into an aquarium populated by Gill, Bloat, Peach, Nemo and the rest of the tank gang.

And Much More!

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
· Choice Of Digitally Mastered Viewing Presentations. Mastered Directly From Pixar's Digital Source.
Fullscreen Version Of The Film (1.33:1)
- Specially Reframed For Standard Televisions
Widescreen Version Of The Film (1.78:1)
- Enhanced For 16x9 Televisions
· English, French And Spanish Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround EX
· THX-Certified, Including THX Optimizer

In FINDING NEMO, the Academy Award®-winning creators of "Toy Story," "A Bug's Life," and "Monsters, Inc." dive into a whole new world of computer-animated fun, fantasy, and heartfelt emotion with this splashy underwater adventure. The film follows the comedic and eventful journeys of two fish - Marlin (Albert Brooks, "The In-Laws") and his son Nemo (Alexander Gould) - who become separated in the Great Barrier Reef. Buoyed by the companionship of a friendly-but-forgetful fish named Dory (Ellen DeGeneres (TV's "The Ellen Show"), the overly cautious father embarks on a dangerous trek and finds himself the unlikely hero of an epic journey to rescue his son - who hatches a few daring plans of his own to return safely home.

The top-notch voice cast of FINDING NEMO includes:
Willem Dafoe ("Spider-Man") as Gill, the mysterious Moorish idol and leader of the Tank Gang.

Geoffrey Rush ("Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl") as the gossipy pelican Nigel.

Barry Humphries (stage star "Dame Edna") as Bruce, the Great White shark who enlists in fish-eaters rehab.

Austin Pendleton ("A Beautiful Mind") as Tank Gang member Gurgle.

John Ratzenberger (TV's "Cheers") as the Moonfish

Allison Janney (TV's "The West Wing") as Peach the Starfish.

Stephen Root (TV's "NewsRadio") as Bubbles the yellow tang.

Brad Garret (TV's "Everybody Loves Raymond") as Bloat the temperamental puffer fish.

Vicki Lewis (TV's "NewsRadio") as Deb/Flo the damselfish.

Bruce Spence ("Inspector Gadget 2") as Chum the hyperactive mako shark.

Eric Bana ("Hulk") as Anchor the anti-dolphin hammerhead shark.

Bob Peterson (Finding Nemo screenwriter) as the nursery manta.

Andrew Stanton (Finding Nemo director) as Crush, the surfer-dude sea turtle.

Nicholas Bird as Squirt, the surfer-dude sea turtle in training.

Joe Ranft (Pixar Story Department Head) as Jacques the over-eager cleaner shrimp.

Written and directed by Pixar's Oscar® nominated Andrew Stanton, (nominated Best Animated Feature, "Monsters, Inc." 2001 and Best Screenplay, "Toy Story" 1995) co-director of Disney/Pixar's 1998 hit "A Bug's Life" and co-writer of all four previous Disney/Pixar films, FINDING NEMO sets a new "high water mark" for the art and technology of computer animation.

Street Date: November 4

Carl Walker

Stunt Coordinator
Indiana Jones AND Finding Nemo on the same day!!!!

I was already planning on taking the day off from work... Now, I might have to take 2 days off :)

Brenton

Screenwriter
Sounds great! I can't wait to get it.

I like this coverart way better than that other one that was floating around here somewhere... although it was also pretty good.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, but did anyone notice the censorship of Knickknack in the theaters? On the original version, the bikini girl (and also the mermaid from the end) were quite (ahem!) large breasted. So much so that it was obviously drummed up for laughs. Apparently with Knickknack's rerelease, Pixar has decided that this is too risque or distasteful for today's kids, and both characters now have noticeably more modest proportions. Hopefully the commentary on this short will give some insight into this change.

Tom Scholfield

Stunt Coordinator
This disc sounds so wonderful. I love all of Pixar's DVDs. I have the original A Bug's Life Collectors Edition 2-Disc, is there any good reason for me to buy the new one that came out a little while ago?

JohnTRU

Stunt Coordinator
Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed at the separate 'Enthusiast' and 'Family Friendly' sections?

aargh!

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Carl...

Considering most of us will still be catching up on September's releases, I think I'm just going to take a week off!

Either way, this looks like a wonderful set, and I'm going to be proud to have it on my shelf.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

Exactly! Did they have to remove the breasts completely? Are breasts evil now? I didn't catch that memo!

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
The only part of hte enthusiast/family division I odn't likeis the implication that full screen is family friendly (although this is less of an issue with Pixar DVDs because htey reocmpose, but still). But the differently aimed supplements are great, no eveyrone wants the depth of info we do, this allows both groups to enjoy hte disc, those who want fluff pieces and DVD-ROM games and those who want to explore the making of, without it being confusing what's where.

Chad Isaacs

Supporting Actor
Well,happy friggin birthday to me.I have not kept up on the Indy release date but now I have 2 things to ask my kids and give them money to buy me.

For last chritmas I got the LOTR box set..They love spending my $$

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks