finding identical floor plans

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Robert_Z, May 20, 2004.

1. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

I wanted to buy a particular house, but it was being sold as a "pre-foreclosure," so I opted out of it.

However, the floor plan of this house is perfect for me. This house was built in 1997. Where can I find a database of all the houses that were built using that same floor plan and if any of them are for sale?

2. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Was it a custom home? Who was the builder? If it was a fairly large company/builer, they may have a web site that would have some of the recent floorplans, but Im not sure if 1997 would be recent enough.

3. Nathan*W

Nathan*W Screenwriter

Nathan
    If you can find this out, most builders use plans they like over and over again. He wouldn't have any info about whether any of them are for sale, but he would probably still have the plans on file. (either to built it for you, or to sell you a copyof the plans)

4. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Also, you can check with your counties building department. I know that ours will keep a copy of the building plans on Microfiche.

5. ClintS

ClintS Stunt Coordinator

Best bet is to contact the builder. You should be able to check with the local building inspector and find out who that is. Then call the builder and find out what they would do for you.

On the other hand if that doesnt work you can always go to an architect and have them draw up plans that would be very similiar to the house you like. Might even be a better option because you could tweek it to your satisfaction.

6. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

If the builder built a bunch of houses in the same neighborhood, then look at others nearby. Most builders, when designing a subdivision, only have a handful of layouts the buyers can choose from. So it's inevitable that there are other hourses on the street and surrounding streets with the same layout.

7. Robert_Z

Robert_Z Screenwriter

Thanks for the suggestions. I asked my realtor to try a search. His plan is to search for houses in the same general area that have the exact same square footage.

I also searched the county appraisal district page hoping the builder would be listed, but it is not.