Finding Friends on XBL Wolfenstein?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JamesH, May 22, 2003.

1. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't figure out how to join games people on my friends list are playing in. Even when they're online, the only options I have are to delete them from my list or look at their statistics. How can I see what game they're in so I can go play with them?

2. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

At certain times is will say (joinable) beside your friends, but I never figured out what makes a game joinable or not. IMO you should be able to join as long as there's spots free, but it doesn't always seem to let you.

3. Travis Olson

Travis Olson Supporting Actor

Travis Olson
    Yeah Graeme that's why your not able to join, there's no slots available. It would be nice if it gave you more detailed info on the server their playing on.

4. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

If there are public slots open you can join. If the host puts friends only he has to invite them

capt

5. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Ok, I guess I've just been unlucky in that there's never been an empty spot in a game one of my friends has been in. Maybe it would help if I had more than 3, one of which doesn't have RTCW.....

6. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

What is your tag James? I'll add you today!

Bryan

7. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

James,

Put your gamertag in your sig. I add people who post when I see their gamertag and I'm sure others compile their lists similarly. You'll be fraggin with friends in no time.

8. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

9. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

It is very difficult to join your friends online. Last night I created my own two-player game and invited someone (I think it was Joey) to join, hoping they'd instead invite me into their game. Maybe that should be a way to alert friends we want to play, sort of like "let the phone ring once and I'll know to call you back".

10. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

I got your invite but i was in the middle of a full game. If i can invite you i will. Make sure to add people from the forum onto your friends list. A lot of different people host

capt

11. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

The other night I actually managed to get online (I think the problem has been corrected), but I wasn't able to ever join Capt or Ruffneck's games. Plus, nobody in the quickmatches was offering my favorite map, "Destruction". So, as an experiment, I hosted my own game and set it for sixteen players. I don't think that many ever joined up, but we played a good while with twelve players. Although I heard a couple of "@#$%! lag" complaints, I never noticed it myself (I don't know that I would, as the host), and it may have happened when slower-connected players joined. Next I'll try making it private and inviting whomever I see online.

12. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Allen, the host never experiences lag, so pay attention to your players! Also, if the game seems to be running decent but one player is bouncing all over the place or getting stuck, boot him immediately.

13. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Adam i check the friends list every couple of minutes and either

1)I didnt see you on
    2)My room was full as i can only host 8 before lag kicks in
    3)For some reason last night i couldnt invite Saurav in so i may have had the same problem with you (this problem seems to be gone now)

capt

14. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

Yeah, I don't know what happened there. I got your PM, don't worry about it, I think I found some other game to play.

I played Ghost Recon before I had XBL, I think I want to go back and try that on Live.

Potentially blasphemous question [​IMG] Is anyone else starting to get *just* a little bored with Live RtCW?

15. James D S

James D S Screenwriter

16. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Im not getting bored with wolfenstein at all. With the tourney goinng on its gonna be fun.However ive been playing a lot of MotoGP2, some IP and im gonna try and get in some mech. Try and keep any sort of boredom from setting in :)

capt

17. Allen_Appel

Allen_Appel Second Unit

I'm not bored with RTCW per se, but I am getting bored with most of the maps I find on Quickmatch. I've yet to find a good game of Sub or Train Depot. Most people just want to storm the beach, it seems.

18. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Well the cool thing is when we play HTF games latly we get a good mix of maps. The funny thing is with all the games ive played with HTF guys there are still a few i havent tried yet. I never saw norway till i logged onto a dedicated server yesterday.

capt

19. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

Well, I got XBL 2 weeks ago, and all I've done is play RtCW online from the moment I get back home till the time I go to bed (sometimes with a break for dinner), so maybe that explains why I'm feeling a little burnt out [​IMG]

And it's the players that make a difference. With 2 good teams, any of the maps can be pretty interesting. Take away the teamwork, and they all get dull very quickly.

20. Jeff Wi

Jeff Wi Auditioning

I'm nowhere near bored with it yet either, only problem I have is I keep getting people who either don't want to talk or don't have a headset as teammates. If you're not going to communicate and stragize you may as well go play unreal.