Finding accurate screenshots from films?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Feb 7, 2003.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Having finally gotten my grayscale to a much better state than it was in (thanks to a simple little system provided by one of the posters here - thanks, Jeff!) I've now become obsessed with checking my TV's picture against more accurate displays to see how far off I still may be.
    I believe that my computer monitor, set at 6500k, provides a semi-decent way to compare. I plan on buying a DVD drive to compare with, but in the meantime I'm wondering if I can find any good screen capture photos online?
    Yes, I know my monitor may not be calibrated perfectly, the screenshots might not translate exactly, etc, but it would still give me SOME sense of where my set is at.
    I'll watch a film and in some shots the fleshtones will seem off and I'm not sure if that is just the way it is supposed to look or if it is a flaw in my settings, so I'd like to have something to compare it too.
    Anyone have any links to accurate screenshots? As far as fleshtones go, I'm pretty familar with the way Gladiator, Apocolypse Now Redux, Toy Story, Sexy Beast and Memento look on my set, so any of those would be a plus. I'm hoping to find some site that just has accurate screenshots in general, I guess.
    Any links most appreciated!

2. James Zos

bump.

3. Bryce Miner

Bryce Miner Stunt Coordinator

Here are some Pre/Post ISF screenshots, www.wasatchss.com click on samples. This may help. The purpose was to show the possible difference for before/after held in the same room conditions and camera set up.

4. James Zos

Thanks for the link, Bryce!