What's new

Finding a suitable sub, incl diff dimensions (1 Viewer)

DaveAr

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone ever hear of Stryke Subwoofers? Good Bad?
What about building a DIY kit from parts express? Such as 10" TITANIC VANCE SUBWOOFER KIT Any value. This would fit into my enclosures dimensions.
I probably will need to go with the box sub, and place it into the enclosure on the bottom of the entertainment center, wife decides she DOE NOT want the floor 'cluttered" with speakers. Now I need to find a sub that fits my dimensional needs. My old Infinity sub measured: 15 1/2 h x 13 w. I dont have a lot of height to play with. Width and depth are no problem. This is going to pose a problem. I can probably fit a 16"h sub there, but that will give me little to no room on top. Again width and depth are plentiful. Major problem here. If I cant fit, than I have to "sell" the idea of the exterior sub!! :b

DaveAr

Stunt Coordinator
No opinions offered? Trying to put the last piece of my system together, and I'd like to hook up everything at once while it's all out.:b

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I thought from your first senence that you were only interested in DYI subs—something about which I have no valid opinion.

However for other subs, there are a fair number that will meet your height requirements.

I just took delivery on the
Rocket UFW-10, which is just about 14” (I think that the listed heights of 13.5” is not quite correct, but I may be wrong—in any case this is well under your 15” requirement).

You did not mention budget—this costs $600.

Probably it will be hard to find a good, small sub for much less, as to get small and good costs money.

This won’t meet everyone’s needs as it is not a sub that will knock you back in your chair in a moderately large room. It provides plenty of power for my needs even in movies like LOTR and it is extremely musical.

I would probably have recommended the Adire Rava at $400 or the Hsu VTF-2 as well as the Rocket, but both are just a bit too tall for your requirements.

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
Another option is to get in touch with Link Removed and ask Brian Bunge about building a custom sub to fit perfectly into the space.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you go to the DIY section here, you will see a lot of discussion about Stryke subs and will probably see postings by the owner of Stryke. All of their subs are great. Also look at the Dayton line by Parts Express or Adire drivers.

-Robert

Keith*D

Agent
The Hsu VTF-2 is actually specified as exactly 16" tall, I am sure you could call Dr. Hsu and find out if that number is rounded, and then see if it would fit. This is probably the best sub for the money that could fit there as the Adire Rava is 18". For a good bit more you could get the Pinnacle Baby Boomer, I know it would fit.

Keith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks