What's new

Fincher signs on for "Mission: Impossible 3" (FLASH! replaced by Joe Carnahan) (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
You really can't use IMDB as any sort of reference.
Scott, I think that Patrick was referring to IMDB's ranking of films by customer ratings, and not as a database. If I'm wrong please correct me Patrick.

OK, everyone can continue their assaults now.

ShawnCoghill

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed someone cracking wise,acting as if PT Anderson wouldnt do a Austin Powers movie,,Im guessing that they think its above him,,But in fact he is doing a Adam Sandler Movie,I think PT is one of the Best Directors today,,and very underrated, and I am dying to see what he will do with a Adam Sandler movie,but hey you have to give good directors credit,If they can take something as a Sandler flick and turn it into a great film there good. So whos to say that PT couldnt take a Austin movie and make a film out of it? Its one thing to make a good movie, but to take a "movie" and turn it into a film,thats the money shot.

Hey and PT can do it,just so happens Fincher can,has,and will do it again.

Luc D

Second Unit
PT Anderson is not doing an "Adam Sandler movie", Adam Sandler is doing a "PT Anderson movie". There is a difference. :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
PT Anderson is not doing an "Adam Sandler movie", Adam Sandler is doing a "PT Anderson movie". There is a difference.
Right! I remember reading that there were "creative differences" between the two until PTA told Sandler in no uncertain terms that he did NOT want to make an "Adam Sandler movie." I can't remember where I read that, sorry.

Fight Club is brilliant.

A Clockwork Orange (one of my all-time favorites) is brilliant.

Fincher doing MI3 is, well, strange, but I'll cheer on anything that will help Fincher with the money and power he needs to get Rendezvous With Rama made.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll cheer on anything that will help Fincher with the money and power he needs to get Rendezvous With Rama made.

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll second that! If making MI:3 gets him what he needs to make "Rama".....he can fly at it. I have to give the guy credit; he wants to make movies (regardless of genre) that interest him......not build his "reputation" for the inspection of self-styled "filmerrati".

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Too bad, I was looking forward to this a lot... Fincher has a visual style that I like a lot, and that I think would have suited this film.
Haven't seen "Narc" so I don't know anything about the new director, but I thought they had started a nice "mini tradition" of having filmmakers with very distinctive styles (De Palma, Woo) helm the entries in this franchise.
I guess I'll have to look forward to "The Lords of Dogtown" though! :)
/Mike

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Well you can always go to www.bmwfilms.com and watch his short, Ticker.
I wasn't sure what Fincher was going to bring to the table for this film. I guess I won't know.
Jason

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Very, very disappointed.
Lords of Dogtown seems like the last movie that could be the next Fight Club (or even the next Panic Room).
Then again, so does MI3 :D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
In rereading this thing i did find this line funny:

This declaration about a man who got started directing videos for Paula Abdul, Billy Idol and Madonna and making commercials for Nike, AT&T, Levi's, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser.

lol

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks