Financial Aid question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by CaseyLS, Dec 4, 2002.

1. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

In January I will be getting my financial aid return from K-State. My financial aid covers my books and tutition, and then I'll have about 300 bucks left over. I plan on buying some speakers with the money. My main question is will you guys think I am a little pissant if I use government money to support my HT. I have personaly considering if this would be right or not. I just can't make up my mind.

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Lots of people do it.

~T

3. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

lol. there's always a little excess to be used for living expenses, rent, new motorcycles er I mean books. Just remember it's not free money, you gotta pay it back..

4. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

5. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I agree with you joseph, I went to school full time and worked 30-40 hours a week to pay rent and eat, it was nice to be able to have a toy or two to get me through the bordom [​IMG]

6. CaseyLS

CaseyLS Second Unit

Yeah guys I work about 25-30 hours a week now and worked 65-70 this summer between two jobs. That's why i was able to pay off my housing costs for the entire year back in September. Money is somewhat tight but that because this is one damn expensive hobby. Also like some one pointed out, these are loans not grants so I guess somewhere along the way I will pay it back. Or I could just use the money towards lease signing.

7. Marshall Alsup

Marshall Alsup Second Unit

Hey, I did it [​IMG]
    Of couse my HT is pretty crappy, but its getting me through college man!
    -Marshall

8. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Is it a grant or a loan? If its a grant, do it, and dont look back, but you are required to feel moderatly bad about it. [​IMG] If its a loan, do it anyway, because its probably the cheapest long term loan you'll ever get. In this case you are not required to feel bad about it becuase you will be paying it back.