What's new

finaly a review of BD50 - Click :) (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/click.html

"Overall, I was very happy with this transfer. I saw 'Click' in the theater showing a standard film print -- if it was exhibited digitally anywhere, unfortunately I missed it -- and I remember it boasted quite vivid colors and a very bright, sharp and clean image. However, the film's overall visual aesthetic was also rather clinical and TV movie-esque, so it has a somewhat flat look at times. This 1.85:1, 1080p/MPEG-2 transfer delivers a similar presentation. As there is no "print" to speak of, the source master is predictably pristine. Blacks are absolutely rock solid, and contrast nice and smooth across the entire grayscale. Whites are not overpumped, and unlike some cheaper video formats (such as MiniDV and the like) the darker scenes generally don't lose detail in the shadows. "

"I've been quite impressed with the PCM soundtracks on most of the studio's discs, and this new one on 'Click' is no exception.
"

"But there is no doubt about this Blu-ray release -- the format's first BD-50 dual-layer disc packs a fine punch. The transfer is very strong as is the soundtrack, and there is a ton of extras presented in full high-definition video. If this is an indication of what the Blu-ray format can consistently and routinely deliver, the format war is just getting started. "

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I'm going to pick this up, but I'm just confused. Not a month ago making BD50 discs was supposedly a problem and then *POOF* it arrives, AND works on current players. If they knew this was going to work, why all the secrecy around it?

MarekM

Supporting Actor

well maybe they were not that sure if they are able to produce enough BD50 media.........

but if before the end of year there will be at around 10 BD-50 movies, I think they have production under control........

Marek

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
The big question is: how do they use the BD50 space? Isn't this MPEG2 again?
And what soundtracks does it have besides PCM?

Cees

MarekM

Supporting Actor

yes it's MPEG2...

Audio Formats
English PCM 5.1 Surround
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks