Finally!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Stelios, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Stelios

Stelios Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys
    The days of anxiously waiting for my staff to arrive are over. I received my HT gear on Saturday. It consists of SONY STR-DB790 (STR-DA1000ES) with SONY speakers SA-VE835. Amazing, amazing!!! This is my first HT system and I can’t forgive myself for not having a HT system for such a long time. It’s like being in a real theater. The movies come to life. Although I have seen some of them, when I watch them now with the HT system, it’s like I am watching them for the first time. The first one I have tested it with, was the “ Lord of the rings -Two Towers”. My glass windows nearly popped out! I know that you can get more expensive equipment than the one I have, but this Sony receiver is amazed me and I never expected the speaker to perform so well.
    The only trouble now is to arrange for the wife and kids to be out when I seat on my sofa with my Scotch and peanuts to watch.

Stelios

2. JasonMA

JasonMA Stunt Coordinator

Congratulations on your new home theater. I hope it brings you many hours of enjoyment, as most of our home theaters have brought to us. Hopefully the upgrade bug doesn't bite you for a while, because it can drive you crazy thinking of all the bigger and better stuff you can add to your setup.

You commented on there being more expensive equipment than what you have, and believe me, no matter what you get, whether it cost $1,000 or $10,000, there will always be something more expensive. The only thing I can tell you, and most people on this forum tend to agree, is that the most important thing about your HT is that YOU like the way it sounds. If you can pop in a DVD, plop down on the couch, and watch a movie and be amazed at how it sounds, then you've achieved your goal. Once again, congrats.

3. Stelios

Thanks Jason.
    I know what you mean about the "upgrade bug" once it hits you there is nothing you can do. It happened to me with my camcorder,reducing my bank account.
    The only comment I have with my HT, is the low level of dialog sometimes and I have to increase the volume and then when something loud comes it blows me away. I suppose I have to increase the level of the center speaker.

Merry X-mas
    Stelios

4. JamesCB

JamesCB Second Unit

Just curious. Which receiver did you actually get? Those are two different animals.

5. Stelios

James in Europe you get the DB790 whereas in US the DA1000ES
    It is the same receiver with minor differenses. The manual that comes with it has both names on it.

Stelios

6. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

n/m

Looks like the upgrade bug is about to hit...[​IMG]

7. Jesse Sharrow

Jesse Sharrow Supporting Actor

The proablem with that and me is that I have heard such high end equipment that it would take a $20,000 system to simply amaze me. But Im happy with the stuff I got.