What's new

Finally took the SVS plunge (1 Viewer)

Larry_W

Agent
Well, I finally did it. I'm sure my credit card and neighbors will hate me but oh well. You only live once. Ordered the 20-39CS+ and S1000. I can't wait.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
I'm jumpin' in on the same package, upgrading from a Polk PSW-350. Ought to be a pretty massive improvement, considering how muddy the Polk can be at volume.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Call me crazy but I too have joined the SVS crowd this week.
Took advantage of the SVS deal at HTS and ordered a 25-31CS to replace my 8 year old Velodyne 801X.
You can't beat the price and it has to bang louder than my small Velodyne.
So now I will have two decent subs in my HT, a Velodyne CT-120 and the 25-31CS.
Looks like it will take SVS over a month to get all the orders done. HTS is reporting over 40 sold this weekend at their Group Buy.
When is HTF having a Group Buy?
JohnG;)

John Geelan

Screenwriter
Wow!
Just received an email stating that my SVS sub is being shipped and should arrive on Friday. That was quick considering how popular the Group Buy was.
Great work SVS!
Thanks
JohnG:)

Brian Fineberg

Second Unit
Jon,

When did you place your order for the group buy?

I am trying to get an idea of hen I can expect mine to ship??

Thanks

-B

John Geelan

Screenwriter
On Sunday 2/24.

I figured that I wouldn't see my sub till the end of March but I guess most people are getting the larger 20-39CS's.

Anyway its a good thing as I'm also getting an AudioSource Amp 5.3 that day from Audiogon.

This has all come together very nicely.

My old Velodyne 810X sub is going to my brother-in-law who is just getting into HT. I'm sure it will give many years of pleasure.

JohnG

AaronMontgomery

Auditioning
I got shipping confirmation on my group by SVS today as well. Looks like I'll be staying home Friday!

My order was:

Placed : 02/24/2002 16:26:57 CDT

Rich Co

Grip
I will soon be joining the happy people.:D
I will be buying a 16-46 CS+ when i get my 15% off coupon from the Spot. good tihing i waited a while.
The money saved will be used for shipping to the Philippines, which is a long way from there.

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Me too! Out with the old Altecs and in with the new dual 20-39CS+/Sampson S1000 package. I ordered mine yesterday (2/27). I wonder when I can expect mine? :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Dean_M

Second Unit
My 20-39CS+ arrived last night. Now how do I get this huge idiotic grin off my face? I'm giving a mid-term exam today, and I need my mortician face. :D
Dean

I was in your position a couple of weeks ago. After I got over the shock of how unbelievably big it was, I just fell in love with it.
It rocks- you are going to love it!

EricN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric
Larry_W wrote:
"Well, I finally did it. I'm sure my credit card and neighbors will hate me but oh well. You only live once. Ordered the 20-39CS+ and S1000. I can't wait. "
You are also going to find every loose item in your room. If anything will vibrate you'll know it right away..:)
Enjoy it!

Tam Nguyen

Grip
Sound it like it will take a couple of day or more to get the shipping confirmation. I had placed my order on Feb. 28 and wonder when it's my turn to see the beast (20-39cs+/s1000):frowning:

John Geelan

Screenwriter
My 25-31CS came yesterday thanks to a great UPS driver in my area (no one was home at 11AM, so he made sure to come back at 5PM and drop off the sub cause he noticed the label and didn't want to leave it at UPS over the weekend!! What a guy!).
And My God this is a big sub, I can only imagine what a 20 or 16 looks like in a room.
It looks real sturdy and was impressively packaged.
Unfortunately I won't be able to play with it till Monday as I'm working 12 hour shifts this weekend. But come Monday afternoon my HT should be rock'in.
My wife looked shocked last night and can't understand why I now own my 3rd sub after getting a Velo ct-120 late last year. But how could I pass up the great HTS deal and I love my bass!
Thanks SVS for the great service.
JohnG:D

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
LOL John....I hope we get to hear and see your new toy in action soon!!!

Eric.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
>And My God this is a big sub,
And you know what the advantage of the size is? You can wrap your arms around it and give it a big hug whenever you feel like it. :D

Martice

Screenwriter
Have fun John. Something about those bass toys that bring the little kid out in me as well.
I wish I could hug my sub.
Link Removed
This is my 5ft tall, 20" wide & 20" deep Octosub with a 15" Adire Audio Tempest driver.
My arms can't reach around this thing.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
LOL John....I hope we get to hear and see your new toy in action soon!!!
Yep Eric, I can imagine that even the neighbors will be peering into the HT room to see what the heck is going on.

Of course the last peice of my HT puzzle will be one day soon getting a HDTV big screen to complete the package!

JohnG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks