Finally took the SVS Plunge!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bob Lee, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Agent

Well, after lots of browsing through this forum and others, and after asking Tom and Ron a whole bunch of questions about their products, I finally took the plunge today and ordered a CS-Ultra along with the Samson 1000 amp. I decided on the Ultra because I wanted the most power out of a single sub, as it's unlikely that I'll ever be able to make room for a second sub unless I eventually move. I also chose the Ultra over the 16-46 because of the slightly smaller form factor.
    If all goes according to plan it should be sitting on my doorstep by the time I return from CES next week...I can't wait! I'll have to retire my trusty old M&K, which was a difficult decision since I've been using M&K speakers exclusively for 20 years. However, I have this feeling I won't look back. [​IMG]
    Thanks to everyone, whether I corresponded directly with you or not, for helping me make this decision!

2. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Bob,
    Looks like you have the very first post of 2002 (12:00 am exactly) Happy new year.. [​IMG]
    Conrats on the purchase.... i have the 20-39PC

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Midnight on the East Coast. It's still 9pm there in California. He made the post 11pm CST for me.

Bob:

4. Brian Brown

Brian Brown Auditioning

BOB,
    Congradulations, I also have the ultra in a 16 by 21ft room and it is fantastic. I also have a M&K THX-350 sub but have decided to keep it (at least for now) because they seem to work well together. BTW watch out if you play TPM [​IMG] [​IMG]