What's new

Finally took the SVS Plunge! (1 Viewer)

Bob Lee

Agent
Well, after lots of browsing through this forum and others, and after asking Tom and Ron a whole bunch of questions about their products, I finally took the plunge today and ordered a CS-Ultra along with the Samson 1000 amp. I decided on the Ultra because I wanted the most power out of a single sub, as it's unlikely that I'll ever be able to make room for a second sub unless I eventually move. I also chose the Ultra over the 16-46 because of the slightly smaller form factor.
If all goes according to plan it should be sitting on my doorstep by the time I return from CES next week...I can't wait! I'll have to retire my trusty old M&K, which was a difficult decision since I've been using M&K speakers exclusively for 20 years. However, I have this feeling I won't look back. :D
Thanks to everyone, whether I corresponded directly with you or not, for helping me make this decision!

Chip E

Screenwriter
Bob,
Looks like you have the very first post of 2002 (12:00 am exactly) Happy new year.. :emoji_thumbsup:
Conrats on the purchase.... i have the 20-39PC

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Midnight on the East Coast. It's still 9pm there in California. He made the post 11pm CST for me.

Bob:

I have this feeling I won't look back.
You won't. I know a bunch of people that have the M&K speakers along with an SV Sub and they all think it was the best decision they ever made.

Parker

Brian Brown

Auditioning
BOB,
Congradulations, I also have the ultra in a 16 by 21ft room and it is fantastic. I also have a M&K THX-350 sub but have decided to keep it (at least for now) because they seem to work well together. BTW watch out if you play TPM :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks