Finally took the plunge...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Doug Z, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Doug Z

Doug Z Stunt Coordinator

After many years of the 32" and smaller tubes I finally pulled the trigger on a big one. I want to thank all who helped me on my decision making and decided to go with the Hitachi 57X500 RP CRT. It was a hard choice with all the DLP's & LCD's on the market weighing in at 1/4 the heft of this M1 tank of a set but I figure if you have the room and don't mind the size and weight of these behemoths the PQ is still hard to beat at nearly twice the price. I did get to see the new director's series LCD's when I went pick up the set and their PQ was amazing, but 2K more. So far I have been blown away by the picture on this thing, the HD feeds are the best I've seen on any set with exception to some of the Sony direct-views. Anyone in the market for some big furniture definately give these a look. I really, really wanted a easy to move 70Lb set but they just don't perform as well IMO. The only drawback is the viewing angle and risk of burn-in but 95% of my viewing is from the couch and if I dont leave a sports ticker on 24/7 I figure at least 10 years of fun. Thanks especially Rich & Matt.

2. Jonathan R

Jonathan R Agent

Looks good, hope you enjoy it.

3. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson

I figured you went Front Projection, not a tiny RPTV![​IMG]

My Hitachi 50" is 8 years old and still working great (damn thing), I want a new widescreen HD model but the wife will not sign off on it as long as this 50" is still working perfectly. Oh well, I have the 126" HD PJ down stairs to keep me happy, so long live the 50"!

Wes