Finally took SPL measurements!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JeffTodd, Feb 9, 2003.

1. JeffTodd

JeffTodd Stunt Coordinator

Today I finally got around to picking up a SPL meter to measure the response of my DIY Sub. The crude graph shows what looks to me like a pretty decent response. The measurements were taken from the listening position in the living room of my apartment. I was surprised to see that there were not any valleys. I am very pleased and wanted to share!

2. PaulDF

PaulDF Second Unit

Nice lookin' sub Jeff! And a pretty flat response too. It looks ruler straight compared to mine. :b

3. Thomas J. Coyle III

Thomas J. Coyle III Stunt Coordinator

Hi Jeff
    Looked at your subwoofer room response graph. Noticed that you have the typical 10 to 15 db room peak at around 45 to 50hz. I think that if you were to remove the peak with a BFD or a Rane PE 17 parametric equalizer, your sub would sound even better.
    Regards,
    TCIII

4. I wish I had HALF as cooperative of a room [​IMG]

5. JeffTodd

JeffTodd Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for good comments. A BFD might be in my future some day....one day I will move into an actual house and will probably find that my sub behaves nothing like I am used to. But until that day comes I will add other "toys" to my arsenal. To this point my soon to be wife has been extremely easy going with whatever crazy DIY idea that I have. I hope that doesn't change in the near future [​IMG]