What's new

finally the new yamaha line! (1 Viewer)

Alton.M

Agent
The new yamaha receivers Rx-v 1400 & 2400 are 7.1 THX select with new features. any thoughts on this?

Nick V

Second Unit
WOW!! Looks pretty sweet!

I wonder how their YPAO works compared to MCACC? I was planning on picking up a pre/pro pretty soon, but one of these might hold me over 'till Firewire and DVI(HDMI) are implemented into the new pre/pro's. Decisions, decisions...

Either way, my RX-V1200 is on it's way out.

VicQ

Stunt Coordinator
sigh. If I decide to upgrade, this will end up being my 4th yammie receiver ever since I got the hometheater bug. 1)rx-v795 2)rx-v596 3) rx-v1200.

-Vic:D

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy, the newer line seems to be bursting to the brim with features........ Damn my Z1 doesn't seem sexy anymore.:frowning:

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Mingl:

Do not worry, heard thru the grapevine that the Z-1 replacement will be out around October for about $4,500. The RX-V3300, we can assume will be out as the 3400, as a lower priced alternative to the top of the line model.
Wonder what they will call the Z-1 replacement...ummm, maybe the T-3 Terminator.

I'll buy your Z-1 for $500, you can have my DSP-A1 for $250. Deal?

JaimeB

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Any pre/pro? :) No. :frowning:

Adjustable crossovers? Or are they still stuck on a fixed 90 Hz? (They don't say.) I love Yamaha's DSP, but ...

Will be interesting to get the details on YPAO. I.e., what kind of measurements (1/3 octave, 1/6, 1/10, etc) they take and what kind of eq parameters are available, and if there's any user adjustability...

DanielSmi

Second Unit
If it's THX select certified it must use a THX crossover it's not made by THX but has certain specs as to what the rolloff must be and must be 80Hz. So this means it uses fixed 80Hz instead or uses an adjustable crossover.

Seems like everyone is jumping on room calibration train made popular by Pioneer. Yamaha, rumored Denon, Meridian, and Krell all are on the train, and I'd expect the top of the line Yamaha to have i.Link since Denon is introducing i.Link as well. It appears Pioneer must be raking in the cash if everyone is starting to copy them.

Daniel Smith

Nick V

Second Unit
The Krell Showcase has been out for a long time. Around the same time as the MCACC stuff was coming out wasn't it?

The R&D for features like that must take quite some time, so it seems highly unlikely that they were "jumping on the room calibration train made popular by Pioneer."

DanielSmi

Second Unit
No I had my 49TX for at least six months when it was announced. I remember hearing about it going to the website and checking it out. I haven't used Krell's but I don't think it's as good as MCACC it doesn't have all the features. MCACC has been around for almost 2 years in September and I got mine in March of 2002.

I think it'd probably be easier since Yamaha can see how Pioneer did their MCACC and can follow their example somewhat and that would save them time since they already have a model to follow instead of building one from scratch.

Daniel Smith

KevinCa

Auditioning
Wonder what they will call the Z-1 replacement...ummm, maybe the T-3 Terminator.
DSP-Z9 will be the newcomers name, but i doubt it will completely replace the Z1, because of it's much higher price, which will be around $4500 - $5000.
Sure is gonna be one hell of an amp, THX Ultra2, i-link, DCDi chip, 6 component inputs, 7x170W.

Sure hope the RX-V2400 is gonna be available in Europe, as the RX-V2300 and RX-V3300 never were :frowning:
The most powerful receiver you can get here is the RX-V1300, and then it's up to the AZ-2 and AZ-1.

Jay W.

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if the RXV1400 will include Circle Surround
cinema and music modes. I find it superior to prologic2 and neo6 for all of my 2 channel sources.

Nick V

Second Unit
Each model is equipped with the component D4 image input-and-output terminal dealing with 720p
Wonder what these D4 inputs/outputs are? These units both have 2 component, and 2 D4 inputs along with one output each. These couldn't be DVI could they?

Jaime B

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks KevinCa. It doesn't make sense to keep the Z-1 on this side of the Atlantic, one can get the 2400 with 7.1 THX Select and automatic room calibration.

Yamaha NEVER cared about THX certification, this must be a capitulation to increase sales against all other THX certified A/V receivers. This means that if Yamaha's full A/V line becomes THX, they'll eliminate the front effect speakers I've been hooked-to since my 2070, 3090 and DSP-A1 (the 3300, V-1 and Z-1 also use Yamaha's proprietary front effect speakers). Hope I'm wrong!

Oh well, so hows life in the ol' world? Haven't visited in 16 years...

JaimeB

MingL

Stunt Coordinator
Actually, the Z9 do have speaker outputs for "presence", which should be the front effects. Incidentally, the "presence" can either do a powered zone 2 or "presence", depending on the setup.

Personally, I'd prefer to retain front effects, but I wonder what this new "presence" channel is all about.

Coincidentally, isn't it a cool feature to have overhead surrounds too?:D ..... 11.1 (or 11.2) speaker setup from standard 5.1 signal.

Dan A

Agent
does it make any sense to consider a refurbished rx-z1 at $1300, with these offering on the way?

DanielSmi

Second Unit
Is there a big price difference between the old model that didn't have THX and the new one that does? If there isn't than that should tell people that THX isn't expensive just as the companies that use THX have been saying.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks