What's new

Finally, The Muppet Show Season One (1 Viewer)

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Our friends over at The Digital Bits are reporting that Muppet fans will finally have a chance at season sets. Season One will be released on 8/9.

This is big! I hope Disney does it right.

Peace,

DM

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Got it. I honestly tried the search function beforehand, but it wasn't working.

Admins: Merge, close, whatever.

Peace,

DM

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I posted a question the official review thread, but now that it's in the archives I guess no one's seen it.

Does the set come with a booklet? I just received mine from Amazon (sadly, not fuzzy), and there's no booklet in it although there's a flap where one could be inserted.

Joe:C

Second Unit
Mine didn't come with a booklet either. I'm not sure why some have it and some don't.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Thanks for the clarification. The review thread seemed to suggest there was a booklet, and if missing maybe Buena Vista could send a replacement. I'm not sure they'll entertain a query from a non-US customer, so I'll ask Amazon first.

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone done a side-by-side comparison of the R1 and R2 releases of this yet? I've heard that the R2 release doesn't suffer from many of the cuts that are in the R1 edition, and that the R2 might in fact be totally uncut.

Anybody know for sure?

James Reader

Screenwriter
The UK release seems to have the same edits. I cannot understand the BBFC listing and timings. But there you are. Perhaps Buena Vista UK resubmitted the episodes in question and they have yet to appear on the BBFC site.

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
I don't think the BBFC publish's everything on there website.

Anyway, bloody good job that this got brought up, because up until now I'd only read that the UK versions were uncut so I was about to double dip & pick up the R2 versions. Thanks Andy :emoji_thumbsup:

AndyMcKinney

Senior HTF Member

I'm still not totally convinced that they aren't. As has been said, the BBFC don't publish everything, and do we have the R1 runtimes listed for comparison? 25 miunutes was probably the right timing for ITV, as they would've broadcast these with adverts.

Surely, someone out there is going to compare both versions side-by-side...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It's not really a book, just a single folded insert with listings of the episodes and bonus features on each disc.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I have the australian release (R4) and after just watching the third episode which is cut in R1 (according to www.ultimatedisney.com) I'm sorry to report that it's cut in R4 too. Ultimatedisney says that the third episode misses a couple of news segments and these are nowhere to be found in R4 release too. Usually R4 releases are equal to R2 releases.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Why in the world would they cut the news segments? As far as my memory allows, I can't notice any pop songs that were cut. All the ones I remember are still in the set, including Connie Stevens singing Teenager in Love, Ernie and Bert singing "Some Enchanted Evening," Ruth Buzzi singing "You're Just too Good to be true," Ethel Merman's songs.... I suppose there's a list of cuts somewhere or other...Gee, it's good to know I'm the only one confused about the cuts on this set! (I have R1).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks